Wheat Belly is a provocative look at how eliminating wheat—even so-called healthy whole grain wheat—from our diets is the key to permanent weight loss and can offer relief from a broad spectrum of health and digestive problems.
Drawing on decades of clinical studies and the extraordinary results he has observed after putting thousands of his patients on wheat-free regimens, Dr. William Davis makes a compelling case against this ubiquitous ingredient. A wheat-free diet has been associated with significant benefits, including the following:
- Weight loss of twenty, thirty, even fifty pounds in the first few months
- Alleviation of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes
- Recovery from intestinal woes, like ulcerative colitis and celiac disease
- Marked improvement in overall cholesterol and LDL counts
- Improvement in bone density and reversal of osteoporosis
- Cessation of skin conditions from psoriasis to oral ulcers and hair loss
- Reduction of inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis pain
Readable, thought-provoking and carefully researched, Wheat Belly offers a new and vitally important perspective on the most critical health concerns of our time.