Windows Phone 7 is a powerful mobile computing platform with huge potential for gaming. With "instant on" capabilities, the promise of gaming on the move is a reality with these devices. The platform is an ideal environment for .NET developers looking to create fun, sophisticated games.
Windows Phone 7 Game Development gives you everything you need to maximize your creativity and produce fantastic mobile games. With a gaming device always in your pocket, as a phone always is, this is too good an opportunity to miss!
What youll learn
- How to get started with Windows Phone 7 development, from setting up the integrated development environment to debugging techniques.
- Develop using the free or full versions of Visual Studio 2010.
- Master high performance 2D and 3D graphics using the XNA development environment.
- Build 2D games using Silverlight and also learn how to publish them to the web.
- Find out the best ways to control your games, including using touch screens, keyboards and accelerometers.
- Produce high quality music and sound effects from your games.
- Masses of example code and working projects, including two example games, Cosmic Rocks and Diamond Lines.
- All you need to release your games to the world for fun or to sell.
Who this book is for
Windows Phone 7 Game Development is aimed at those with an existing background in programming and knowledge of the C# programming language. No prior knowledge of programming for Windows Phone 7, its primary presentation technologies (Silverlight and XNA), or programming games in general is needed. This book will guide the reader through the steps required to become proficient in all of these areas of development.
Table of Contents
- Windows Phone and .NET
- Getting Started with XNA
- Creating a Game Framework
- User Input
- Sounding Out with Game Audio
- Drawing with Vertices and Matrices
- The World of 3D Graphics
- Further 3D Features and Techniques
- Enhancing Your Game
- The Application Life Cycle
- Getting Started with Silverlight
- Silverlight Controls and Pages
- Gaming with Silverlight
- Enhancing Your Silverlight Games
- Distributing Your Game
- Running on Other Platforms