More doctors are recommending natural (also called bio-identical) hormones-because they offer all the advantages of synthetic hormone replacement therapy (HRT) without the negative side effects or long-term health risks. Unlike synthetic HRT, natural hormones are bio-identical: they match a woman's own hormones exactly and don't interfere with the body's normal hormone production. They are safer and more effective, providing protective benefits that range from alleviating unpleasant symptoms of menopause, perimenopause, and PMS to protecting against osteoporosis, endometrial cancer, and other diseases.
Topics covered include:
- What are natural hormones and how do they work?
- Why are natural hormones better and safer than synthetic HRT drugs?
- Do natural hormones increase the risk for breast cancer?
- Can natural hormones control midlife weight gain?
- Does natural progesterone help alleviate PMS?
- Will natural hormones improve skin?
- How to find the right doctor
- The latest on the recent NIH study