Abstract: 1. Reverse Polarity 2. Markerstone 3. Final Thoughts 4. Norm 5. Torture-Rape-Murder by Grant MillerAbstract: 1. Reverse Polarity 2. Markerstone 3. Final Thoughts 4. Norm 5. Torture-Rape-Murder by Grant Miller

Abstract: 1. Reverse Polarity 2. Markerstone 3. Final Thoughts 4. Norm 5. Torture-Rape-Murder

byGrant Miller

Paperback | June 1, 2006

Pricing and Purchase Info

$13.30 online 
$14.95 list price save 11%
Earn 67 plum® points
Quantity:

Ships within 3-5 weeks

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

ABSTRACTGrant Miller - Reverse PolarityA futuristic war is being waged on earth, a war as old as mankind, as aggressive and destructive, destined to eliminate mankind's existence.Paul J. Joseph - MarkerstoneFuturistic exploitation of the solar system, where the vast resources become the commodities of earth's economy.Armen Kurdian - Final ThoughtsIn the last moments of existence of mankind on earth, the final thoughts of a person are revealed.John Britt - NormAn illiterate, smalltime magician develops the ability to manifest live beasts from nothingness, not illusions, magic.Edmond Alcid - Torture-Rape-MurderIn society the eyes of man bare witness. The title needs no explanation as to the assorted events that have transpired.Quotes:Strange reading, but when I finished each story I spend time thinking about what possibilities might happen in real life.Each story stood out and I felt captured within each story as if apart of the plot or as a viewer, I was glad to return to reality when finished reading, reality felt safe.
Title:Abstract: 1. Reverse Polarity 2. Markerstone 3. Final Thoughts 4. Norm 5. Torture-Rape-MurderFormat:PaperbackDimensions:172 pages, 8.5 × 5.5 × 0.5 inPublished:June 1, 2006Publisher:Moose Hide BooksLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1894650530

ISBN - 13:9781894650533

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Stellar, mind-blowing short story compilation! Grants' breakthrough story is absolutely fantastic! Reverse Polarity is destined to become a classic science fiction story one day. I was mesmerized and enchanted by this short story---and the others, as well. Especially John Britt. Who could not love his work. Mr.Miller, keep up the good work. I want to see more of this story!
Date published: 2007-05-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from THIS BOOK IS A MINDBLOWER!!!! This book is a mindblower! Especially Grant Miller's story "Reverse Polarity". This story is the best sci-fi/adventure that I've read in many years. This story stood out above the others in the book. When are we going to read the rest of it? Wow! What a story?! This story would made a heckuva movie or TV series. I look forward to more from this talented new writer.
Date published: 2007-05-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Very Good Read! “Reverse Polarity” by Grant Miller: X Files re-visited. Grant demonstrates knowledge of paranormal and extraterrestrial theories in this fast-paced futuristic apocalyptic adventure. I had difficulty getting through this one. At times, I questioned why this story was included in the collection and used as a prelude to the other shorts. However, upon conclusion, I do see potential here, were the author to focus greater attention to character development. A prelude to a series, the story/series may appeal to hard core Sci-Fi and paranormal buffs. “Markerstone” by Paul J. Joseph: In this enjoyable story, Paul takes the reader on a candidly human journey into the future. The main characters, a space ship’s onboard physician and a pilot join forces in an adventure that straddles space exploration and technological development. A good start to a series, this story contains some fresh ideas, and good character/story development. This writer shows promise. “Final Thoughts” by Armen Kurdian: A very well written and thought provoking story about a Gnostic extraterrestrial pilot who inadvertently eliminates our solar system. Armen addresses the apocalyptic theme in a unique way, following the thoughts of an old woman and the final thoughts of the pilot prior to impact. I was sincerely surprised and delighted by Armen’s proposition that challenges and illuminates the usual apocalyptic themes. Armen knows how to write! “Norm” by John Britt: John takes the reader on an intimate and interesting journey with an unusual hero, a poor, illiterate magician. The story follows the main character as he yearns for and gradually develops the ability to manifest true magic in order to satisfy his skeptical audiences. John knows how to develop interesting characters and present interesting ideas. “Torture-Rape-Murder” by Edmond Alcid: In all honesty, I was reluctant to read this one given the title, but am glad I did! In this story, Edmond provides a brilliant and observant analogy between man and nature and their most primal behaviours. Edmond places the reader as observer, judge, and jury. Overall Summary: The Publisher: Moose Hide Books has a good eye for emerging talent that is demonstrated in this short story collection. I'd like to see the cover up-scaled to reflect the talent contained within. I would highly recommend reading this sampling of promising writers.
Date published: 2006-07-18