Accelerated SQL Server 2008 by Michael ColesAccelerated SQL Server 2008 by Michael Coles

Accelerated SQL Server 2008

byMichael Coles, Fabio Claudio Ferracchiati

Paperback | May 26, 2008

Pricing and Purchase Info

$65.41 online 
$73.50 list price save 11%
Earn 327 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

Before I describe the contents of this book and why I think you should just take it over to the counter and buy it, I would like to give you an insider's look at the SQL Server 2008 product dev- opment cycle. I believe this insight will provide you with a deeper understanding of how SQL Server is continuing to evolve. The rest of this book will show you why SQL Server is enterprise-ready. For the past 5 years, I was a program manager at Microsoft in the SQL Server product unit. During this time, I owned various features within the product, including SQL Server Agent, SQL Server Express, and most recently, database security. When I joined SQL Server in 2002, the product team was in year 3 of planning and implementing theYukon (SQL Server 2005) release. One of my first responsibilities was to own the Create Database/ Database Properties dialog in SQL Server Management Studio. After working with the user interface (UI) design team and various UI developers, we crafted the interesting grid-based dialog that you see today in Management Studio. However, arriving at the implemented Create Database dialog was not as straightforward as we wanted.
Michael Coles has more than a decade's experience designing and administering SQL Server databases. A prolific writer of articles on all aspects of SQL Server, particularly on the expert use of T-SQL, he holds MCDBA and MCP certifications. He graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of science degree in information technology from Ame...
Title:Accelerated SQL Server 2008Format:PaperbackDimensions:816 pagesPublished:May 26, 2008Publisher:APRESS PUBLISHERSLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1590599691

ISBN - 13:9781590599693

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Table of Contents

A table of contents is not available for this title.