Adenoviral Vectors for Gene Therapyprovides detailed and comprehensive coverage of these important therapeutic agents. The topics covered in this book range from the basic biology of adenoviruses, through the construction and purification of adenoviral vectors, cutting-edge vectorology and the use of adenoviral vectors in preclinical animal models, to regulatory issues which must be considered prior to the initiation of human clinical gene therapy trials. The broad scope of this unique volume provides the reader with a complete understanding of the development and use of adenoviral vectors.
* Provides complete coverage of basic biology of adenoviruses, as well as the construction, propagation and purification of adenoviral vectors
* Introduces common strategies for the development of adenoviral vectors along with cutting-edge methods for their improvement
* Demonstrates noninvasive imaging of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer
* Discusses utility of adenoviral vectors in animal disease models
* Considers Federal Drug Administration regulations for human clinical trials