Praise for the Series:
"The series which all immunologists need."
--The Pharmaceutical Journal
"Advances in Immunology must find itself among the most active volumes in the libraries of our universities and institutions."
"Deserves a permanent place in biomedical libraries as an aid in research and in teaching."
--Journal of Immunological Methods
* The role of CD40 and its ligand, gp39, as central players in the regulation of B cell growth and differentiation
* Prolactin, growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor-I as full-fledged immunological growth and differentiation factors
* Transcription factors of functionally mutant mice are highly relevant to understanding hemopoiesis and B cell genesis in vivo
HIV infection of xenotransplanted mice compared with natural HIV and SIV infections
* The expression and role of cytokines in Rheumatoid Arthritis and in seronegative arthritis
* The functions of the surrogate light chain in B cell development
* Mechanisms that regulate cytokine activity and the generation and function of sCR as cytokine anatogonists and/or cytokine "carriers" in vivo
* Potential transducing molecules involved in signaling processes and which mark the difference between signaling through IL-2R and IL-4R