Earn 170 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Special Offer
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

IN A DEVASTATED 21ST CENTURY, Neo-Tokyo, the armed might of Earth is massed against the godlike powers of two psychic titans, the mute child Akira and the deranged youth Tetsuo. While Akira has unintentionally destoryed the city twice before, Tetsuo has ravaged the surface of the Moon for his sheer amusement, and his madness grows as his abilities expand. But he is gradually losing control of the limitless energies that rage within him, mutating Tetsuo into a horror beyond imagination, and as all forces converge for a final confrontation, the fate of the planet lies in the hands of mere mortals...and the mind of a child.

This final chapter of Katsuhiro Otomo's internationally honored graphic-novel masterpiece brings to a shattering, mind-warping conclusion the science-fiction epic that has influenced storytellers from every continent and in every medium. Akira is a one-of-a-kind work of breathtaking scope, unforgettable imagery, and singular vision.

KATSUHIRO OTOMO is best known as the creator of the three-thousand page epic Akira. He also directed the groundbreaking animated feature film of the same name, as well as the acclaimed animated film, Steamboy. Most recently, he directed the live-action Japanese film, Mushishi. The author lives in Katsuhiro Otomo.
Title:Akira Volume 6Format:PaperbackDimensions:440 pages, 10 × 7 × 1.37 inPublished:April 12, 2011Publisher:Kodansha ComicsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1935429086

ISBN - 13:9781935429081

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Classic Cyberpunk: Part Six Akira is the embodiment of the cyberpunk genre, and is a phycological thriller that will keep you invested until the very end. The large format of these volumes is also an excellent upgrade from the norm. If you're looking for sci-fi that is gritty and real, this is a good stop. #plumreviews
Date published: 2017-02-01
Rated 2 out of 5 by from Not for me I was not a fan. I didn't enjoy the story and I wasn't a fan of the art. That being said, this is a very popular manga with a huge following. I know many people that loved this series, it just wasn't for me.
Date published: 2017-01-05

Editorial Reviews

• "One of the most important manga of the 1980s...four stars." --Manga: The Complete Guide