Poor Alexander! He woke up with gum in his hair; his mom forgot to put dessert in his lunch bag; there were lima beans for dinner, and kissing on TV -- even the cat refuses to sleep in his bed. Some days are just like that.
Alexander's awful day is the perfect lead-off for this collection of funny, touching stories about the ups and downs of childhood -- from imaginary monsters to saying goodbye to a family pet. Judith Viorst's insightful and humorous stories are the perfect antidote to any child's "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day."
- Alexander, Who Used to Be Rich Last Sunday
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Rosie and Michael
- Mama Says There Ain't Zombies, Ghosts, Vampires, Creatures, Demons, Monsters, Fiends, Goblins, or Things
- The Tenth Good Thing About Barney
- If I Were in Charge of the World and Other Worries