Alice In Murderland, Vol. 1 by Kaori YukiAlice In Murderland, Vol. 1 by Kaori Yuki

Alice In Murderland, Vol. 1

byKaori Yuki

Hardcover | June 23, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$19.69 online 
$22.00 list price save 10%
Earn 98 plum® points

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Now! Let the "Mad Tea Party" begin!

The Kuonji clan, owner of one of the world's top conglomerates, has a tradition: Once a month, family members attend a "Mad Tea Party." But at the latest gathering, the nine Kuonji siblings in attendance are shocked to hear a pronouncement issue from the lips of their mother, Olga-

"I'd like you children to now fight one another to the death!"

As chaos erupts, Stella, the fourth daughter, loses all reason, and suddenly a whole new Stella, complete with blonde hair and blue dress, comes out to play-!!
Kaori Yuki is a manga artist best known for her gorgeously illustrated gothic manga series Earl Cain, Godchild, Angel Sanctuary, and Demon from Afar.
Alice In Murderland, Vol. 7
Alice In Murderland, Vol. 7

by Kaori Yuki

$20.19$22.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 1
Grand Guignol Orchestra, Vol. 1

by Kaori Yuki

$12.55$12.99

In stock online

Not available in stores

Alice In Murderland, Vol. 5
Alice In Murderland, Vol. 5

by Kaori Yuki

$19.10$22.00

In stock online

Available in stores

Shop this author
Title:Alice In Murderland, Vol. 1Format:HardcoverDimensions:176 pages, 8.75 × 6 × 1 inPublished:June 23, 2015Publisher:Yen PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0316342122

ISBN - 13:9780316342124

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Alice In Murderland, Vol. 1

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Welcome to the Mad Tea Party Alice in Murderland is a very nonchalant murder story that was somehow both really confusing and yet enjoyable at the same time What I disliked: I thought the art would be more stylized like the cover but the just one page in the story. Not to say the art was bad, but it was kind of generic. Also, it didn't really have that much to do with Alice in Wonderland. I mean there are references here and there but there's also different fairytales and real life stories thrown in there. So if you're looking for a straight up Alice in Wonderland adaption, look elsewhere. I also felt as though the story was confusing at times. Things like, why does this whole murder she-bang take place over a year? That seems like it would be highly uncomfortable and it seems like most of the kids are all pretty on board with the murder thing within the first month. Also they have to kill someone every month and there are only eight kids, so that makes the time limit sort of moot. What's up with Zeno and being brought back to life all the time? Also, he can still win the competition. If he does that void Stella's contract? Is no one from the loved one's family going to look for them? Why does Stella have to re-earn her masterhood every year? Why does Helm's friend get to be a stuffed animal and everyone else gets a real person? That seems unfair. The parents seemed like they were going to let Sid's girlfriend go even though Sid died. So do the guests get to leave alive or not? Why does everyone wear their costumes except for Stella? And so many other questions aswell. So many questions and so little answers! What I liked: I liked the characters a lot(minus Zeno and Sid. The later of which I found boring.). They all had fun little quirks that made them stand out. Stella's whole Alice transformation and secret past. Melm being, well adorable, the parents not giving a single fluff about murder Claire...giving too much of a fluff etc. I really liked that as the story progressed it got darker all the way until the very end where it got darker than some horror books I read. Seriously, that twist at the end was gold! I was honestly shocked and that doesn't happen to me with art medium's that often. It was also pretty funny at parts even when it was supposed to be serious which took away from it, but not in a bad way. More in a lighthearted fun way. A favourite being Stella talking about Kokonoe and Tsukito being related, "You're saying this depressing excuse for a rodent is related to that living tank?!". I had to try real hard not to burst out laughing in the break room. In the end I'm excited to read the second one if only because of the twist ending. I mean if Claire turned out to be that psycho in the first book I can't wait to meet the twins Sol and Mare as well as the other two sisters. Though I really hope some of my questions are atleast kind of answered because as I wrote, I have a lot of questions and having things kind of dampered the book for me; hence the three stars. I'd say give it a read, the pros so far outweigh the cons, plus who doesn't love a good murder or two.
Date published: 2017-04-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Its ok. I thought this book would be a thrill to read but the story is very confusing in some parts and the characters are not well developed, at least the cover looked nice!
Date published: 2017-03-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Off for a good start I really like the story thus far, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I really like that art work.
Date published: 2017-01-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Pretty good The story is fast paced however some of the characters so far are a bit generic. There was a chance to expand more on them and their background but I feel like it wasn't done so well. I love the diabolical aspect of the plot. This series is basically one huge deadly survival game. The concept and art really does captivate the reader however I feel like it's missing something. Perhaps it's too early in the story to say but for now it's off to a decent good start.
Date published: 2016-12-02