This book appears at a time when molecular cytogenetics is positioned to make a significant impact upon evolutionary studies, enabling problems of chromosomal structure and change to be critically assessed. It is an up-to-date and comprehensive survey of the cytogenetics of a major class of animals, including all three amphibian orders, with chapters authored by international leaders in the field.
Amphibian Cytogenetics and Evolution will be of interest to classical and molecular cytogeneticists, systematicists, evolutionary biologists, herpetologists, and anyone using amphibians in genetic research.
* Offers the only current and comprehensive survey of amphibian cytogenetics
* Gives authoritative and in-depth coverage of topics of present interest
* Reviews general cytogenetic topics
* Presents new insights into evolutionary changes in chromosome structure and amphibian phylogeny and relationships including:
* Phylogenetic analysis of chromosome data
* Current techniques of cytogenetic analysis
* Examination of all three amphibian orders