$19.99 list price save 7%
Earn 93 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

ARCHIE VOL. 5 is the next installment in the collection of the historic ARCHIE series relaunch, featuring the talents of comics superstars Mark Waid, Audrey Mok and more. This series is true to the spirit and characters that all Archie fans know and love while reinvigorating its spirit and humor through the talents of some of the most acclaimed creators in the comic book industry.

The fallout from OVER THE EDGE is here! One life has been destroyed, another family has been torn apart--and only the kids of Riverdale High can save their town from imploding!
MARK WAID is an Eisner Award-winning American comic book writer. He is well known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title THE FLASH, as well as his scripting of the limited series KINGDOM COME and SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT, and his work on Marvel Comics' CAPTAIN AMERICA. Waid also served as Editor-in-Chief, and later, Chief...
Title:Archie Vol. 5Format:PaperbackProduct dimensions:144 pages, 10.2 × 6.6 × 0.3 inShipping dimensions:10.2 × 6.6 × 0.3 inPublished:May 22, 2018Publisher:Archie Comic PublicationsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1682559297

ISBN - 13:9781682559291

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from An Enjoyable Read After the cliffhanger of the last volume, I liked how they handled the outcome of Betty’s injury. She wasn’t miraculously cured (even though it may have felt that way) and it took time for her to heal. I would not say I was a fan of going back to the whole Betty versus Veronica dilemma but when it comes down to it, that is the core of even the original Archie series. This was an enjoyable and quick read and I enjoyed it more than the previous volume. There was a moment that I thought about how this would be a good concluding volume to this reboot of the series but that left me confused as I know that the series does continue. I will continue to read these comics and volumes as they truly are fun, quick, and entertaining reads to mix in between the novels that I typically read. For those that love comics, I would recommend this series and for those looking for an introduction into comics, this rebooted series would be a good place to start.
Date published: 2018-11-19
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Enjoyable After the cliffhanger of the last volume, I liked how they handled the outcome of Betty’s injury. She wasn’t miraculously cured (even though it may have felt that way) and it took time for her to heal. I would not say I was a fan of going back to the whole Betty versus Veronica dilemma but when it comes down to it, that is the core of even the original Archie series. This was an enjoyable and quick read and I enjoyed it more than the previous volume. There was a moment that I thought about how this would be a good concluding volume to this reboot of the series but that left me confused as I know that the series does continue. I will continue to read these comics and volumes as they truly are fun, quick, and entertaining reads to mix in between the novels that I typically read. For those that love comics, I would recommend this series and for those looking for an introduction into comics, this rebooted series would be a good place to start.
Date published: 2018-11-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Muuuuch better than that last volume. This one focuses on more serious topics, but there's still some humour throughout that balances it nicely. Jughead is the best.
Date published: 2018-10-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good! Gotta love the whole archie crew, but so different. It took quite a brainstorm to make so much change!
Date published: 2018-08-22
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great I love reading Archie comics. I especially love this particular interpretation of the characters. Love reading these!
Date published: 2018-07-22