Using memorable caricatures to highlight the effects of your behaviour as a leader, this book offers a powerful model for effective leadership
Are you a Badger or a Doormat? provides you with clear instructions and simple self-coaching processes which will propel you along the path to leadership success. It uses memorable caricatures to show extreme leadership styles, teaching you what behaviour to avoid and what to do more of, in an accessible and amusing way.
Throughout the book Rosie Miller, a top international executive coach, and 20 highly experienced leaders offer advice on the mindsets, habits and working practices that will make you a successful leader. This book gives you the practical and direct guidance you need to upgrade your thinking and your behaviour to become an energetic, focused and visionary leader.
The focus is on the five skills common to all the most effective leaders:
- making the best use of your time
- communicating effectively
- delegating and people development
- motivating a diverse workforce
- creating change
Each chapter is broken down into the following clearly sign-posted sections:
- Highlightscontaining the key ideas in brief to enable you to scan quickly the content
- a description of a common leadership Dilemma using cartoon caricatures to illustrate two extreme types of leadership behaviour and illustrate the unintended consequences of these extremes in practice
- a Diagnostic for those who want to assess where they tend to fit between the two ends of the continuum
- Balancing Wiselyintroduces the leadership mind-set that is more effective and the attributes of a leader who successfully manages this dilemma
- The How To section gives detailed practical thinking, models and tools to let you be more effective at managing this dilemma
- In Action is a case study illustrating one leader putting these tools and techniques into action
- A Summary of the key points in the chapter
- A list of powerful Self-Coaching questions designed to help you apply the thinking to your own leadership context and build your own effective leadership mindset.