byJules Verne

Kobo ebook | November 27, 2011

Pricing and Purchase Info

$2.99

Prices and offers may vary in store

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

pubOne.info thank you for your continued support and wish to present you this new edition. IN WHICH PHILEAS FOGG AND PASSEPARTOUT ACCEPT EACH OTHER, THE ONE AS MASTER, THE OTHER AS MAN
Title:Around the World in 80 DaysFormat:Kobo ebookPublished:November 27, 2011Language:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:281991005X

ISBN - 13:9782819910053

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from love it! its an unusual adventure and one i'm sure would be hard to imagine today but it grabs a hold of you and takes you along for a ride full of mishaps and fun.
Date published: 2018-03-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from An Amazing Book! My favourite Jules Verne book. Love it!
Date published: 2017-10-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Great I enjoyed this book. Such an adventure.
Date published: 2017-04-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Amazing book! Such a great price on top of being a great book. This is one to add to your collection!
Date published: 2017-03-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Liked it This is one of Vernes great novels of the 65 "voyage extraordinaire" he wrote for boys. A great story using the modern understanding of time and science of his time.
Date published: 2017-03-25
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Worth Just One Readthrough I decided to try this book out because it was something I had heard about but didn't really know much about. I was expecting a bit more of an adventure, but once I got past the detached narration I was able to cheer for the main characters and follow along without dragging my feet. I felt like the writing was too arrogant for my taste. It sounded too highbrow despite the fun tone behind it, so it took me a while to get into the story because of that. I also didn't like how detached it was from Mr. Fogg, reporting his trip from everyone else's point of view but his own. The perfect gentleman was boring to read about, and his behaviour became obvious soon enough so that left no room for surprise. At least the other characters made up for his flatness, but I wish Fix didn't end up the way he did because his reasons were still valid. I also didn't like the intro paragraphs to each chapter, as I felt it sort of spoiled the events, but after a while I learned to either ignore them or pay little attention to the words. Because I wasn't too familiar with the story, once I got to the end where they apparently end up missing the deadline I wondered if that really was the case (and Mr. Fogg ended up learning something from the experience) or if they were mistaken, and I was glad for the outcome - except for the marriage. I felt romance wasn't hinted at much throughout the story, and it felt so contrived to have it end in happy marriage when there was nothing building up to that point. Being a classic, the plot style didn't surprise or disappoint me so I wasn't left with too bad of an impression from the story. So much more could've happened, but Passepartout's shenanigans did give a bit of fun to the story and that kept me flipping the pages to find out whether the bet was going to be won or not. #plumreview
Date published: 2016-11-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Brilliant Amazing book and at sucha great price! Get your hands on it immediately!
Date published: 2016-11-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Winning A Bet And A Wife. What a cass we have here. Mr, Fogg the always calm and Cool one. The French servant Passepartout who is never calm, or cool. At a place called the reform club in London Mr. Fogg makes a bet that he could travel around the world, in eighty days, or less. As part of the bet Mr. Fogg agrees with his friends to meet back at the reform club, in eighty days or less. during Mr. fogg's travel around world he is followed by a Detective named Mr. Fix. Mr. fix is convince that Mr.Fogg has stolen money, from the bank of England. They also save a young women from being burned Alive, in a religious ceremony in India. The name of his women is Aouda, who near the end of the book becomes Mr. fogg's wife. The book just gets better as they travel to Hon Kong, Japan, and the United States. Just read the book, and find out what I mean.
Date published: 2011-09-17
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Around the World In Eighty Days - Novel (PART 1) “Around the World in 80 Days” is a timeless classic and it has been a great success for Jules Verne. It details the life of an eccentric Englishman named Phileas Fogg, whose punctuality is famed and his impassiveness legendary, joined by his new French valet, Passepartout, who only wishes to live a life of peace and quite so that his turbulent past could be forgotten. With Fogg’s fable routine, peace and quit for Passepartout seems assured. Until, that is, his new Master returns home to inform him that as a result of a wager at the Reform Club, of which Fogg is a member, he finds out that he only has twenty minutes to get ready for a breathless world tour in just 80 days. Adding to the general chaos of the proceedings (even though Fogg himself is never even slightly chaotic or perturbed by any delays, in contrast to his excitable servant), a robbery of 55,000 pounds at the Bank of England along with the description of the robber which seemed very similar to Fogg’s description, lead Detective Fix to conclude that Fogg is the robber, and the whole journey around the world and the wager that he encountered was just a clever rouse to allow the robber to escape without being even slightly suspected. The fact that Fogg’s carrying vast sums of money with him (of which nobody knew the origin) seemed to add weight to Fix’s suspicions. But, the wait for the arrest warrant makes Fix impatient and forces him to follow Fogg around the world, on his miraculous journey. The storyline of the novel may not be as strong as it seems but it adds to the interest of the readers. It forces them to persist reading to find out how Fogg would get out of the hurdle he is in and what steps would he take next. As the novel was headed for the end, Verne cleverly turned the table around. The plot of the story went off track and it seemed like it was all over. SPOILER ALERT! Verne, in chapter 34, illustrated that Fogg had lost the bet and wager as he was 5 minutes late. Even though he had arrived a day in advance. Unaware of the fact, Fogg headed home in despair. The next day when Passepartout was told to get the priest ready for his wedding with the Maharani of Bundelcund, he found out that tomorrow is Sunday, not Monday. Passepartout rushed back to Saville Row, seized his master by the collar and headed for the reform club. I found this “twist” rather entertaining and amusing. It probably traumatized the readers at first wondering about “what had Fogg really gained by all this trouble?” and “what was he going to do next?” This was quite interesting as it didn’t directly lead the story into conclusion. It kept the readers in suspense until the end of the novel, when the answers to their questions were revealed. This novel is a quintessential action story. The quick pacing, light characterization, implausible scenarios, comic relief, and loads of adventure provide a fantastic blend of adventure, entertainment, and suspense.
Date published: 2011-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Passepartout stills the show!!, Even though Phileas Fogg is the main character, the real star of the show and book is his French servant, Jean Passepartout! I started liking Passepartout when Eric Idle played him in a mini-series. Even though Passepartout can come off a bit of a show-off, arrogant, and a jerk from time to time(He's French and can't help it and doesn't mean to come off that way on purpose!!) He is very resourceful, lovable, the comic relief, makes up for his bumbling and sometimes nosey ways with a heart and soul of gold and becomes an asset to Fogg in his help to go around the world and rescues the Princess Auoda and makes Fogg from being a cold as a fish, very private, quiet and withdrawn, and very un-human to becoming more human, sensitive, and not too concern with appearance, structure, or time. Fogg may be the star and the central character but Passepartout is my all-time favorite character and is really the star and is the heart and soul of "Around the World in 80 Days"!
Date published: 2009-07-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by from awesome This book is totally great it is adventurous, in suspense and exciting. Jules Verne is the greatest writer.
Date published: 2008-02-23