Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology, 4th Edition, by Arthur T. Skarin, MD, FACP, FCCP, provides the guidance you need to diagnose a full range of neoplastic conditions with greater accuracy for better patient outcomes. An unrivaled collection of more than 2,500 images and drawings—combined with succinct, clinically focused text—equips you with essential information on pathology, diagnostic studies, staging, and clinical manifestations. New discussions on modern diagnostic PET imaging of cancer, and expanded coverage on the side effects of chemotherapy, bring you up to date on the issues impacting research and treatment. Expert Consult functionality—new to this edition—further enhances your reference power with convenient online access to the complete contents of the text, along with case studies that demonstrate effective approaches to diagnosis.
- A superb collection of more than 2,500 images encompasses the full spectrum of pathologic and radiologic studies, staging, and clinical manifestations, highlighting the pathologic anatomy of common clinical entities.
- A consistent chapter organization covers each disease’s incidence, epidemiology, etiology, and histopathology — as well as molecular biology, clinical features, diagnostic studies, and current clinical and pathologic staging — providing all the assistance you need to evaluate and monitor your patients effectively.
- This unique pictorial resource is a superb complement to treatment handbooks and major oncological texts.
- Expert Consult functionality provides online access to the complete text, fully searchable, with illustrations downloadable for your personal presentations, and case studies keyed to the book, at expertconsult.com.
- Completely updated chapters covering the newest genetic markers, imaging modalities, and pathologic techniques enable you to get the best results from today’s diagnostic tools.
- An expanded chapter on evaluating the side effects of chemotherapy, with additional images of reactions to the newest regimens, alerts you to potential common and uncommon side effects.
- Two new chapters address the complications of cancer and modern use of diagnostic PET scans, keeping you up to date on these hotly debated topics in the oncology community.
- A third new chapter covers malignant mesothelioma of the lung, plus other sites.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.