$24.99 list price save 45%
Earn 68 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

The #1 New York Times bestselling Red Queen series comes to a stunning conclusion in War Storm.

VICTORY COMES AT A PRICE.

Mare Barrow learned this all too well when Cal’s betrayal nearly destroyed her. Now determined to protect her heart—and secure freedom for Reds and newbloods like her—Mare resolves to overthrow the kingdom of Norta once and for all . . . starting with the crown on Maven’s head.

But no battle is won alone, and before the Reds may rise as one, Mare must side with the boy who broke her heart in order to defeat the boy who almost broke her. Cal’s powerful Silver allies, alongside Mare and the Scarlet Guard, prove a formidable force. But Maven is driven by an obsession so deep, he will stop at nothing to have Mare as his own again, even if it means demolish everything—and everyone—in his path.

War is coming, and all Mare has fought for hangs in the balance. Will victory be enough to topple the Silver kingdoms? Or will the little lightning girl be forever silenced?

In the epic conclusion to Victoria Aveyard’s stunning series, Mare must embrace her fate and summon all her power . . . for all will be tested, but not all will survive.

Victoria Aveyard was raised in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts before moving to Los Angeles to earn a BFA in screenwriting at the University of Southern California. Red Queen is her first novel and series. Both books in the series, Red Queen and Glass Sword, have made the New York Times best seller list.
Title:War StormFormat:HardcoverDimensions:672 pages, 9 × 6 × 1.93 inPublished:May 15, 2018Publisher:HarperCollinsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0062422995

ISBN - 13:9780062422996

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Underwhelming As a lover of this series, this (final) instalment left me unsatisfied. It starts off very strong, the beginning and middle are are par with the greatness of the rest of the series. Towards the end, though, you can see that there isn't enough time/chapters left to properly finish off the plot. The ending seems rushed and unfinished. So many loose threads and questions left unanswered! Nonetheless, this book gripped me and I finished it within 2 days. I believed the motivations of every character, and the strategies were all well thought out. It's a good book, but it falls short as a final installement. Some SPOILERS below: SPOILERS SPOILERS -The final battle is rushed. We never fear for the lives of our cast. Mare and Cal have a close call that turns out to be nothing. The battle doesn't seem as robust as the others in the series, or even the other battle in this book itself. -Maven's end was so unsatisfying. I could understand the symbolism behind the final stand being in the room with the silent stone, but it just seemed so bleh. Especially as a fight that has had 4 books worth of hype for. -Mare's lightning doesn't show up as much as I'd like it to -Cal and Mare's relationship is left open ended....As the finale of a great series I thought that this was a bit of a cop-out. -The world itself is left open-ended. I get that there's SO MUCH to talk about politically that the author could fill an entire other book, and that the series had to end some time, but it literally goes final battle > end. I need some closure! I feel like the epilogue should've been pushed back a few months, maybe a year. If it had taken place at, say, Evangeline and Elane's wedding (which in my head totally happens), then we would have some distance from the final battle, Mare would have some time to 'find herself', people's relationships (Kilorn and Cameron???) and footing would have settled. This would have been a much more satisfying ending to a wonderful world and series.
Date published: 2018-05-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Excited!! I really hope this will not be the last book in the series. I can't wait to find out!!
Date published: 2018-04-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by from I want it i cant wait to read it and see if cal makes a comeback
Date published: 2018-04-16
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Want it now cant wait to read this, and see if cal makes a comeback
Date published: 2018-04-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from OMG I can't wait to read this book...the first three were amzaing and I know the colclusion will be just as good
Date published: 2018-02-08
Rated 3 out of 5 by from ok I wish I could see, smell, taste ,hear, and touch this story!
Date published: 2017-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can't Wait! The first three books were really good can't wait for the final one to come out! #plumreview
Date published: 2017-11-11

Editorial Reviews

“Fascinating world building... Readers will be intrigued by a world that reflects today’s troubling issues concerning ethnic inequality, unfair distribution of wealth, pollution, warfare, political corruption, and the frightening power of the media.”