Established almost 30 years ago, Methods in Microbiology is the most prestigious series devoted to techniques and methodology in the field. Now totally revamped, revitalized, with a new format and expanded scope, Methods in Microbiology will continue to provide you with tried and tested, cutting-edge protocols to directly benefit your research.
* Focuses on the methods most useful for the microbiologist interested in the way in which bacteria cause disease
* Includes section devoted to 'Approaches to characterising pathogenic mechanisms' by Stanley Falkow
* Covers safety aspects, detection, identification and speciation
* Includes techniques for the study of host interactions and reactions in animals and plants
* Describes biochemical and molecular genetic approaches
* Essential methods for gene expression and analysis
* Covers strategies and problems for disease control