416 pages, 8.99 × 8.55 × 0.98 in
April 8, 2011
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
The following ISBNs are associated with this title:
ISBN - 10: 0470886609
ISBN - 13: 9780470886601
About the Book
"Value-driven 2-color package with more than 365 main dish meal ideas, with 4-color photo inserts. Chapters include a broad range of innovative, easy-to-prepare meals everyone in the family will savor, including breakfasts, sandwiches, casseroles and one dish favorites, soups and stews, and slow cooker favorites, with a focus on healthful ingredients like grains, legumes, vegetables. More than 50 helpful cooking tips sprinkled throughout the book with advice for shopping, storing, prepping, and garnishing. - Each chapter will have one opening sidebar dedicated to helpful tips for those types of recipes, such as tips for slow cooker success, grilling basics, and smarter pasta picks"--
Table of Contents
Short & Simple.
Sandwiches & Pizza.
Beans, Rice, & Grains.
Soups & Stews.
From the Publisher
A mouthwatering collection of everyday vegetarian and vegan recipes the whole family will love-year round
365 Vegetarian Meals is filled with a year's worth of fast, easy-to-make, and hearty meals. These simple yet innovative meal ideas include breakfasts, sandwiches, casseroles and one-dish favorites, soups and stews, and slow cooker classics-all full of healthful ingredients like whole grains, legumes, and vegetables. Helpful cooking tips are sprinkled throughout and the versatile Make it Vegan variations offer an abundance of options for turning vegetarian recipes into true vegan recipes.
- Offers great value for vegetarians and vegans with 365 recipes at an affordable price
- Includes beautiful full-color photo inserts
- Features an introductory section on the basics of a healthy vegetarian diet, health and nutrition information, and shopping and cooking tips for common vegetarian ingredients like tofu and tempeh
- Includes handy icons that designate vegan recipes and helpful cooking tips spread throughout
365 Vegetarian Meals offers plenty of options for vegetarians, vegans, and anyone who loves fresh, healthy recipes.
From the Jacket
Inspiring Mealtime Ideas!
This new collection of great tasting, hearty recipes offers a year's worth of nutritious, vegetarian meals the whole family will love. Packed with simple, yet innovative ideas, this book includes
delicious recipes for every meal of the day and every seasonall full of healthful whole grains, legumes, and fresh fruits and vegetables.
Look inside for:
- 365 recipes including breakfasts, sandwiches and pizzas, salads, soups and stews, pastas, and much moreall from the experts in the Better Homes and Gardens™ Test Kitchen
- Valuable guidance on the basics of a healthy vegetarian diet, plus shopping tips for common ingredients
- "Make It Vegan" variations that let you turn many of these vegetarian recipes into totally vegan dishes
- Beautiful full-color photo inserts that provide delicious inspiration
About the Author
The iconic BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS brand is one of America's most trusted sources for information on cooking, gardening, home improvement, home design, decorating, and crafting. Today, the brand encompasses books, magazines, and digital media.