Save money and eat well with the healthful, delicious, and affordable recipes in Budget Meals
Everyone is pinching pennies these days. But it's hard to find the time (and the energy) to devise effective ways to slash your food bill. Now, Budget Meals
comes to the rescue with more than 350 everyday and party-special recipes designed to save you money without scrimping on flavor.
With recipes including entrees, soups and stews, skillet meals, pastas, salads, side dishes, and even desserts, nobody will suspect that you saved big at the supermarket! There's also a chapter devoted to party food for entertaining on the cheap, and a bonus chapter, "Cook Once, Eat Twice," that gives you two recipes for the price (and effort!) of one.
In addition to recipes, you'll find
- 50 No-Recipe Recipes: Be creative even when you're convinced you have nothing in the kitchen to cook for dinner
- 100 Money-Saving Tips and Hints (10 in each chapter), which offer practical ideas for saving energy and money when shopping and when cooking the types of recipes featured in the chapter
- "In a Pinch" solutions throughout, including simple, clever ways to improvise, such as making your own seasoned breadcrumbs using bread you have on hand
- Nutrition information with every recipe
- Lay-flat spiral binding, so recipes are easy to consult
With great-tasting recipes using inexpensive ingredients and a treasury of practical ideas, Budget Meals
paves the way for countless meals that will save you money without sacrificing flavor.