$15.53 online 
$17.00 list price save 8%
Earn 78 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

Just a stone's throw from London lies the manor house of the illustrious Phantomhive earldom and its master, one Ciel Phantomhive. Earl Phantomhive is a giant in the world of commerce, Queen Victoria's faithful servant...and a slip of a twelve-year-old boy. Fortunately, his loyal butler, Sebastian, is ever at his side, ready to carry out the young master's wishes. And whether Sebastian is called to save a dinner party gone awry or probe the dark secrets of London's underbelly, there apparently is nothing Sebastian cannot do. In fact, one might even say Sebastian is too good to be true...or at least, too good to be human...
Yana Toboso is the creator of the wildly popular series BLACK BUTLER which is currently serialized in Square Enix's magazine MONTHLY GFantasy. Her previous work was a single volume entitled RUST BLASTER.
Title:Black Butler, Vol. 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:192 pages, 7.5 × 5 × 0.62 inPublished:January 26, 2010Publisher:Yen PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0316080845

ISBN - 13:9780316080842

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Got for a friend I got it for one of my friends as a gift because I couldn't find the manga she had wanted. About several days after I gave it to her I found out she liked it a lot and bout a couple more volumes. Her review in total was that it was a great book and she forgot about the other manga she wanted.
Date published: 2017-10-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by from An honest review from someone who rather read novels First of all, I am not the type who is fanatic about manga, as my eyes kind of burn out with all the overwhelming drawings... BUT THIS ONE.... Reading the first volume is simply not enough! You're in for a surprise if you continue the series. The author has, as of 2017, wrote 25 volumes about Ciel Phantomhive and his impeccable butler, Sebastian Michaelis, who together have gone through 9 different adventures (arcs). If you're unsure of what manga genre you like, this is a good start because each arc contains a different feel (mystery, cooking, sport), but all in all, this is a dark fantasy book. Last note: The author has drawn all the little details which are relevant to the story as a whole. Nothing is missing, and by volume 25, your jaw will drop as you reread the series and notice the small clues author Yana Toboso has left for you. What can I say? Everything was well planned from the beginning! That being said, it was worth collecting the series in my bookshelf.
Date published: 2017-10-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by from New Favourite! Was blown away with not only the artwork but also the story can't wait to read more, highly recommend for suspense lovers.
Date published: 2017-07-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love it , so much I've been reading Maga for while now, and this one is the best sires so far. Story great , the drawing great . It even out does its anime , that how great it is .
Date published: 2017-07-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from One hell of a series A Victorian era fantasy adventure with plenty of mystery to keep you guessing and colourful cast of characters. It's simply one hell of a story. #plumreviews
Date published: 2017-06-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love it!!!!! <3 I absolutely love this series. I am absolutely hooked! #plumreview
Date published: 2017-06-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by from One of my Favorite manga i love this series and have been reading it for years and will continue to do so. Don't judge the manga by its anime, the two are quite different. For anyone looking for a good manga series to read look no farther
Date published: 2017-06-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from This Series! Amazing Series! I absolutely love this entire series and I'm constantly waiting the next manga!
Date published: 2017-05-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by from love love love! One of the first mangas i've read and the series is just amazing
Date published: 2017-04-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by from In LOVE! This is the kind of series you can't but down! The main characters are amusing and the story is all about solving mysteries in London... except with a twist! The "heroes," Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis, make an unlikely pair; Ciel is just a 13 year old boy and the Queen's "Guard Dog" and Sebastian is a demon butler. Trust me, this is just something you'll have to read.
Date published: 2017-04-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great Storyline The storyline of this novel was fantastic with a mix of both mystery and humour.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Awesome Storyline The storyline is great, although a bit dark.
Date published: 2016-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Awesome series A few years ago, this series became really popular. Even today, that hasn't changed. I gave this book a try after hearing how it was good and it turned out to be a manga full of mystery. I really enjoyed reading it, and the character designs are gorgeous! Also it isn't a yaoi manga, in case anyone reading these reviews were wondering. Some people just ship the characters in this book which caused a misunderstanding for many people, and they just avoided reading or watching it because they assumed it was yaoi.
Date published: 2016-11-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Can Yana Toboso be anymore amazing? This manga is one of the most wonderful one that I have ever read. The art work is breathlessly beautiful, the plot keeps you engaged until the last page and the concept itself is just, fabulous. I really like this series radiates some very dark themes and yet keep a humours air. Highly recommand.
Date published: 2016-11-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Really Great Engaging characters, dark humour, and despite being a mystery and demon genre-manga, it's adorable and fun.
Date published: 2014-10-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Best of the Best This manga is out of this world! Demons, evil thirteen year old masterminds... how could this get any better? The art first of all is just marvelous, that was the first thing that got me hooked. Next came the plot, I thought this was one of the most unique plots of any manga you would have read. The fangirls would scream for the hotness for Sebastian, and faint when seeing Ciel smile. Truly, the best of the best.
Date published: 2013-02-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Beautiful! \(^o^)/ So cool!!!!!!! Sebastian can you get any kooler?!?!?! Ciel can you get any cuter?!?!?!?!?? I think not!! I love the art in this!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!! Such pertty people!!!!!!!!
Date published: 2010-06-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A Butt-Kicking Butler, What's Not to Love? This manga had me hooked! First off, the art was amazing. Second, the characters are a good mix of comedic and deep. Third, the plot was undeniably unique and makes you anxious for the sequel. I can't wait till volume 2 comes out now :D
Date published: 2010-02-27