$38.95 list price save 16%
Earn 163 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

In a future version of Earth, there is a city grown so chaotically massive that its inhabitants no longer recall what "land" is. Within this megastructure the silent, stoic Kyrii is on a mission to find the Net Terminal Gene—a genetic mutation that once allowed humans to access the cybernetic NetSphere. Armed with a powerful Graviton Beam Emitter, Kyrii fends off waves of attacks from fellow humans, cyborgs and silicon-based lifeforms. Along the way, he encounters a highly-skilled scientist whose body has deteriorated from a lengthy imprisonment who promises to help Kyrii find the Net Terminal Gene, once she settles a score for herself...
Tsutomu Nihei is an internationally known Japanese comic artist and draftsman. Born in 1971, Nihei made his debut in the comics world as the winner of the 1995 Afternoon Magazine Four Seasons Award for short stories. He then briefly worked as an assistant to veteran comicker Tsutomu Takahashi bef...
Title:Blame! 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:408 pages, 10.2 × 7.2 × 1 inPublished:September 13, 2016Publisher:Kodansha USALanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1942993773

ISBN - 13:9781942993773

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from strange yet amazing from its superb artstyle and its story direction, this is a glorious cyberpunk manga
Date published: 2017-08-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by from absolutely amazing art and very unique series very strange and mostly mute. this manga tells its story almost entirely through the visuals and the interactions of everyone in it. it's got beautiful visuals, lots of violence and action. a mystery that is the core part of the adventure is started and it really pulled me in to see just what is going on and where the whole series is taking part. its very hard to explain what i loved about this, i picked it up and couldn't put it down at all till i was done with it. i urge you to pick it up and have a read for yourself!
Date published: 2017-04-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Interesting Read This manga can be hard to get in to if you're like me and are used to reading novels. That said, there's something very captivating about Kyrii's journey.
Date published: 2017-03-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Classic cyberpunk Japanese manga does cyberpunk so well. "Akira" and "Ghost in the Shell" are classics, and "Blame!" is worthy to rank among them. This master edition collects the story in an oversized format. It follows the mysterious Kyrii, who armed with a powerful handgun searches for an elusive mutant gene in a futuristic world unlike any other. I love how simplistic the story is told. Dialogue is minimal which really gives a sense of how isolating a journey that Kyrii is on. The plot unfolds slowly but you pick up nuggets of clues along the way. There is a foreboding evil lurking in the darkness of the black and white panels, only to be followed by rapid successions of attacks by the twisted silicon life in this robotic megastructure. Together with the casualty of mangled body parts, this is what nightmares are made of. So much more of this world is still to be uncovered and I cannot wait to dive in further. If the "Ghost in the Shell" live-action movie does well, I can see Hollywood looking for more sci-fi manga adaptations. Well, they can only blame themselves if they overlook this series. At the very least, we can count on Netflix with their anime movie adaptation coming in 2017.
Date published: 2016-12-07

Editorial Reviews

"The amazing thing about BLAME! is that it's such a good read even though it has almost no story or characters. It's all about the art and the experience of being there, of not knowing what will happen next, of the contrast between landscapes of endless sameness and bloody eruptions of chaos and gore." - Jason Thompson, Manga Encyclopedia