Canadian Writer's Workplace: Includes 2009 Mla Update Card

Paperback | September 28, 2007

byGary Lipschutz, John Roberts, Sandra Scarry

not yet rated|write a review
The Canadian Writer?s Workplace is a developmental English text covering writing from the sentence to the essay level. It is a three-in-one book covering readings, rhetoric, and grammar.

Writing and grammar skills are taught in detail and reinforced through numerous practice exercises and writing assignments. Unit IV provides a broad range of readings with a strong focus on Canadian content.

This text is designed to help students develop solid writing skills needed not only in English courses, but also in many other college and/or university courses and, subsequently, wherever written communication is required. The Canadian Writer?s Workplace can help students get the most out of any endeavour that calls for the ability to write clearly and effectively.

Pricing and Purchase Info

$107.95

Ships within 1-2 weeks
Ships free on orders over $25

From the Publisher

The Canadian Writer?s Workplace is a developmental English text covering writing from the sentence to the essay level. It is a three-in-one book covering readings, rhetoric, and grammar. Writing and grammar skills are taught in detail and reinforced through numerous practice exercises and writing assignments. Unit IV provides a broad r...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:476 pages, 10.75 × 8.31 × 1.06 inPublished:September 28, 2007Publisher:Nelson College IndigenousLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0176104666

ISBN - 13:9780176104665

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Canadian Writer's Workplace: Includes 2009 Mla Update Card

Reviews

Extra Content

Table of Contents

Unit 1: Grammar1. Parts of Speech: Overview 2. Recognizing Subjects and Verbs3. More Work with Verbs 4. Subject-Verb Agreement 5. Coordination and Subordination 6. Correcting Fragments 7. Correcting Run-Ons 8. Parallel Structure 9. Pronouns 10. Modifiers: Misplaced and Dangling 11. Punctuation 12. Capitalization 13. Unit I Review: Using All You Have Learned Unit 2: The Writing Process 14. The Four Stages of Writing: For a Paragraph or Essay 15. The Paragraph I: Structure and Topic Sentence 16. The Paragraph II: Supporting Details 17. The Essay 18. Revising and Editing 19. Summarizing and Paraphrasing 20. Research and DocumentationUnit 3. Writing Strategies for the Paragraph or Essay 21. Narration 22. Description 23. Process 24. Comparison and/or Contrast25. Definition 26. Classification 27. Cause and Effect 28. Argumentation Unit IV Readings Rosemary Sullivan, "Don Juan/Doña Juana" David Suzuki, "Hidden Lessons" Marya Fiamengo, "In Praise of Old Women"Jean Vanier, "Heart of Loneliness"Grant Robertson, "The $2-Million Comma"Naheed Mustafa, "My Body Is My Own Business"John Artibello, "Leaving the Cave"Rita Joe, "I Lost My Talk"W. Frank Epling, "Rats" Himani Bannerji, "The Other Family"Colin Campbell, "How R Tngz, Dude?"Neil Bissoondath, "Selling Illusions"Gary Lipschutz, "Lessons of Love from Stories of Old"Shari Graydon, "Bad Girls"Cameron Ainsworth-Vincze, "Till Fraud Do Us Part"Leonard Cohen, "In My Secret Life"Unit V Appendices A Distinguishing between Words Often Confused B Solving Spelling Problems C Irregular Verbs D Answer Key to Practices CreditsIndex