$16.99 list price save 9%
Earn 77 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

A BLOOD-PUMPING JOB
Strep throat! Hay fever! Influenza! The world is a dangerous place for a red blood cell just trying to get her deliveries finished. Fortunately, she's not alone... she's got a whole human body's worth of cells ready to help out! The mysterious white blood cell, the buff and brash killer T cell, the nerdy neuron, even the cute little platelets -- everyone's got to come together if they want to keep you healthy!
Title:Cells At Work! 1Format:PaperbackDimensions:192 pages, 8.17 × 5.75 × 0.64 inPublished:November 1, 2016Publisher:Kodansha ComicsLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1632363569

ISBN - 13:9781632363565

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 3 out of 5 by from Great art and designs Saw four volumes on the shelf one day, I just loved the character designs and art on the cover, so I picked the four volumes up just to see how the series was. So far it's a good. It deals with science and biology which is something different in terms of manga.
Date published: 2017-12-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great for nerdy Biology and Nursing Students As a nursing student anatomy and physiology is the first course we have to take. It takes the most difficult concepts of the course and presents itself in a fun, easy to understand format. You will never look at cells the same again and it also helps visualize what's happening in the body in a cute, quirky manner. Definitely, would recommend to manga lovers and to people who are interested in how the body works.
Date published: 2017-03-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Werk it, cells. "Cells at Work!" is literally the story of cells at work. But these body cells of ours take humanoid form and are in this fantastical world that is our body, which is constantly invaded by foreign agents. A pollen allergy causes hysteria, an influenza virus turns cells to zombies, a scrape wound reveals overlooked heroes - these set off a chain reaction that introduces us to a range of cellular characters. Our protagonist Red Blood Cell is spunky and White Blood Cell is a brooding potential love interest. Not sure what their jobs are? No worries, "Cells at Work!" explains it to you in the most digestible way. This is by far the most educational manga I have ever read, and also simplistically imaginative and adorable. I wonder what else they can do in terms of forming an overarching narrative since they seem like pretty isolated story arcs. I am highly entertained by this series off the bat so I'll be checking out the next few volumes. Even if it's just for the Platelets - they are just too cute!
Date published: 2016-11-15

Editorial Reviews

"Sheer ridiculousness... I had no idea what this manga was going to be like when I heard it was licensed, but now I’m totally sold. Give me more." -Manga Bookshelf

"An awful lot of fun as it makes science into an action manga... Far more entertaining than it ought to be." -Anime News Network

"Fantastically odd, ridiculous and over-the-top... a great deal of fun." -Experiments in Manga