Paperback | February 7, 2012

not yet rated|write a review

Pricing and Purchase Info

$19.95

Earn 100 plum® points

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

about

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated.1922 Excerpt: ... "TAKE NOT THY HOLY SPIRIT FROM US" I Sigh and thunder, pause and roar--Unwearied on the foam-laced shore Since the changing tides began, Speaks the ocean-voice to man. How silently, ere man was made, Up and down the long tides swayed, Weaving under sun and moon Song without meaning, word or tune. ISO TAKE NOT THY SPIRIT FROM US II Above the altar's silk and lawn The lips of patience, sorrow-drawn, Lean from the cross toward my heart; Then in His sufferings have I part. Of mortal sins the wounds divine That racked His spirit, rescue mine. Homeward in peace we go,--and see, The unmoved sexton turns the key! The dying Christ upon the rood Hangs in unworshiped solitude, And that which made God's mercy known Is loveless carving, speechless stone. Ill If our thought of them can give The sea its voice, the stone its word, So in Thy thought of us we live! Take not Thy Spirit from us, Lord. CHILDHOOD To be Himself a star most bright To bring the wise men to His sight, To be Himself a voice most sweet To call the shepherds to His feet, To be a child--it was His will, That folk like us might find Him still. INNKEEPER "I said, don't thank me. Well, if you insist, It was my father thought of it, thank him. I told you at the gate there was no room; No more there is, and I will not pretend I wanted you. I said the inn was full; I did not say the stable was to let." But Joseph heard him to the end, and had The quiet of the stars above his head, Past midnight, in the courtyard, and replied, "Use now what words soever, yet you were kind, You and your father both, to shelter her, Such kindness to remember, to tell over"--"Man, if you can't forget, don't speak of it! Don't say you lodged with us; you don't, you know. Frankly, we have a name for comfort here, Our guests lie eas...

Details & Specs

Title:Collected Poems, 1907-1922Format:PaperbackDimensions:26 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.05 inPublished:February 7, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217459900

ISBN - 13:9780217459907

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Collected Poems, 1907-1922

Reviews