A combination color atlas and synoptic text on the unique risk factors and cardiovascular issues specific to women
Recent research has demonstrated important sex differences in the pathophysiology and clinical presentation of cardiovascular disease in women. There are important risk factors for cardiovascular disease in women that differ from men, and risk assessment tools that should be routinely incorporated into clinical practice by cardiologists treating women. Color Atlas and Synopsis of Women's Cardiovascular Health covers all of these topics and also provides concise, expert guidance on the diagnosis and management of the female cardiac patient.
Enriched by more than 100 photographs (many in full color) and nearly 100 line drawings, Color Atlas and Synopsis of Women's Cardiovascular Health addressesmany important issues related to women's cardiovascular health.
With contributions from more than a dozen expert authors, Color Atlas and Synopsis of Women's Cardiovascular Health is destined to become a landmark reference on the issues of cardiac disease in women.TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Defining patterns of ischemic heart disease
- Cardiac surgery
- Noninvasive imaging as a tool for accurate diagnosis of cardiovascular disease in women
- Sex-specific issues in cardiac surgery
- Unique cardiac issues related to women with pulmonary hypertension
- Cardiac issues that can arise during pregnancy