We have all felt the frustration of wasting time, paper, and effort when our prints or web images don¿t match the images we see on our monitors. Fortunately, you¿re holding the resource that will help solve these problems. This book guides you through the hardware settings and software steps you¿ll need to post professional images and make stunning prints that showcase your artistic vision. InColor Management & Quality Output, Tom P. Ashe, a color expert and gifted teacher, shows you how to color manage your files from input all the way through output, by clearly explaining how color works in our minds, on our monitors and computers, and through our printers.
You¿ll learn to:
- properly calibrate your monitor
- understand Adobe Photoshop color settings
- build and evaluate color profiles for all your devices
- navigate the print menu in both Photoshop and Lightroom
- appreciate the differences between inkjet prints and C-prints
- optimize sharpening for a variety of print media
- understand how and why to use RIPs
- communicate with creative professionals, clients, and output service providers to ensure the highest quality results.
This book is part ofThe Digital Imaging Masters Series, which features cutting-edge information from the most sought-after and qualified professionals and instructors in the photography field. Based on the progressive curriculum of the Masters of Professional Studies in Digital Photography created by Katrin Eismann at the School of Visual Arts in New York City, these books are the next best thing to being in the classroom with the Digital Photography Masters themselves.