A new and remarkably easy way to choose and enjoy wine.
Complete Wine Selector aims to remove the fear and restore the fun and confidence in buying and enjoying wine. Presented in a compellingly original, visual "info-bites" format, it strips away wine's intimidating facade to convey all the information needed in a truly helpful way. Wine drinkers will be able to choose wine in any setting with complete confidence.
Complete Wine Selector presents information in a simple step-by-step sequence. Colorful visuals and pithy text, casebook examples and tutored tasting master classes progress to the practical mechanics of how to pick from a wine list, buy the right bottle for the right price, and serve it with confidence. The book's features include:
- Introduction to Wine Styles -- How to determine your top 10 preferred wine styles
- Buying Wine -- How to find and buy the 10 wine styles from supermarkets, specialist wine shops, internet retailers, and at auction
- The Greatest Wine Shops -- 20 best wine shops in Europe, the USA, Australia & New Zealand, and Asia
- Restaurant Wine Lists -- Expert advice from sommeliers on how to use a wine list, what to look for, choices by cuisine, plus Q and As
- Do Vintages Matter? -- 10 top sommeliers and chefs reveal their favorite matches in style terms
- Storing Wine -- Top 10 dos and don'ts, wine cellars, wine fridges
- Tools of the Trade -- Wine accessories, tips on opening, decanting, pouring and serving; glasses and serving temperature for 10 wine styles; the
10 most common wine faults; a host's checklist
- The World of Wine Made Simple -- Visually arresting, easy-to-read charts for an at-a-glance guide to how red, white, sparkling and fortified wines are made; vineyard years
- Rules to Remember -- Easy-to-read graphical reminders summarize the most important points for easy reference.
Packed with expert advice from some of the world's best sommeliers and winemakers, and using vivid, content-rich layouts and graphics, Complete Wine Selector is a new classic guide for a new generation of wine drinkers. Older (and still anxious) wine drinkers will benefit too!