Consumer Behaviour in Sport and Events emphasises the role of consumer behaviour in sport marketing. Given the social, economic, and environmental benefits of sport events, the challenge for marketers is to understand the complexity of sport and event participation. Through a heightened understanding of consumer behaviour, marketers are able to develop communication strategies to enhance the experience, while identifying key elements of the consumer’s decision-making process. This book provides students and industry professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the current marketing challenges facing professionals working in the sport and event industries.
This comprehensive text covers a wide range of determinants that influence both active recreation and passive spectator participation, and offers the reader:
- A detailed understanding of the personal, psychological and environmental factors that influence sport and event related consumer behaviour
- A basis for the development of marketing actions useful in sport and related business, community and government sectors
- A comprehensive understanding of how individuals associate themselves with sport and event products and services
- A quick and simple segmentation tool to guide discussion of marketing actions and strategies for four stages of involvement with sport and events
- A comprehensive events checklist to help understand marketing actions related to the development, promotion and delivery of a sport event.
Sport and event consumer behaviour is a rapidly growing area of interest and this book is considered a valuable resource for those involved in the sport and events industries from students to marketers to academics.