Cromwell Cruiser Tank 1942-50 by David FletcherCromwell Cruiser Tank 1942-50 by David Fletcher

Cromwell Cruiser Tank 1942-50

byDavid Fletcher, Richard C Harley

Paperback | March 28, 2006

Pricing and Purchase Info

$19.95

Earn 100 plum® points

Prices and offers may vary in store

Out of stock online

Not available in stores

about

Tank technology had remained virtually unchanged since World War I, but conditions in North Africa revealed the need for a faster, more maneuverable machine with increased armor and armament - and the Cormwell Cruiser was born. This book examines the design and development of the Cromwell.
Title:Cromwell Cruiser Tank 1942-50Format:PaperbackDimensions:48 pages, 9.66 × 7.28 × 0.08 inPublished:March 28, 2006Publisher:Bloomsbury USALanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1841768146

ISBN - 13:9781841768144

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Osprey does its usual wonderful job I have always been a fan of Osprey's work. Here they do a great job of describing the development of the Cromwell tank 'family', it's technical specifications and its service history within the context of the overall history of British tank development during the Second World War. Also includes a good array of illustrations and photographs, which as well telling the story of the Cromwell tanks, are excellent for model makers.
Date published: 2017-01-23

Table of Contents

Introduction · Design and development of the Cromwell · Organisation · Operational history · In combat · Variants · Post-war service · Bibliography · Colour plate commentary · Index

Editorial Reviews

"This volume is a valuable addition to any Tank enthusiast or military historian's library." -Alex Ness, popthought.com

"I would have no hesitation in recommending this book as essential reading for Cromwell fans and as a very useful reference source for those who are interested in this vehicle." -Alan McNeally, Armorama (March 2006)