In keeping with the tradition of excellence of past volumes of Current Topics in Developmental Biology, this volume provides a comprehensive survey of major issues at the forefront of modern developmental biology and developmental medicine. Astonishing discoveries are presented in seven thoughtful and forward-looking articles.
* The Balbiani body and germ cell determinants: 150 years later
* Fetal-maternal interactions: Prenatal psychobiological precursors to adaptive infant development
* The Paradoxical Role of Methyl-CpG-Binding Protein 2 (MeCP2) in Rett Syndrome
* Genetic Approaches to Analyzing Mitochondrial Outer Membrane Permeability
* Mitochondrial dynamics in mammals
* Histone Modifications in Corepressor Functions
* Death by Abl, A Matter of Location
Clinical and fundamental researchers, as well as students and other professionals, will find this series an indispensable guide to current topics in cellular and molecular approaches to developmental biology and clinical problems of aberrant development.
* Series Editor Gerald Schatten is one of the leading minds in reproductive and developmental science
* Presents major issues and astonishing discoveries at the forefront of modern developmental biology and developmental medicine
* The longest-running forum for contemporary issues in developmental biology with over 30 years of coverage