Dante's Divina Commedia Volume 3; Paradiso: Paradiso

Paperback | May 7, 2012

byDante Alighieri

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1863 Excerpt: ...for aye is gentlest pity seen, In thee magnificence, in thee all good 20 That in created being e'er hath been. This man who, from the lowest deep where brood The lost for evermore, unto the bright And blissful land hath still his course pursued, While, one by one, hath pass'd before his sight 25 Each spirit-life, now begs of thee such grace That he may raise his eyne on bolder flight, To the Supreme Salvation's lofty place: And I, who ne'er more ardently did burn For mine own vision's fullest perfectness, 3u Than now for his, to thee do wholly turn, And pray that by thy prayers thou would'st make clean His heart; thus heavenly joy he may discern. And further still, I beg of thee, O Queen, Who canst whate'er thou wilt, that thou would'st free 35 His spirit, which such wondrous things hath seen, From every stain. His guardian do thou be, From impulses of earth: thy gaze now rest On Beatrice, whose clasped hands for me Entreat, with all the band of spirits blest." 40 Intent on him who prayed did now appear The eyes so loved by God; and thus exprest How prayer devout and pure on high is dear: Then to the light eternal did they soar, Wherein none other hath such insight clear; 45 And I, who had attain'd the furthest shore, Where all desire is ended, now at last My deep and ancient longing felt no more. The Sage then, smiling, sign'd that I should cast Mine eyes above; but I already knew 50 This lesson, and on high my glance had pass'd. For clearer and more clear mine insight grew, And more and more it enter'd the bright ray Of that pure light which in itself is true. From henceforth was my vision more than may 65 Be told in speech, which all too weak I deem; And Memory shrinketh from that task away. Even as the man who seeth in a dream, And, when he wakes, ...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$27.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1863 Excerpt: ...for aye is gentlest pity seen, In thee magnificence, in thee all good 20 That in created being e'er hath been. This man who, fro...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:86 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.18 inPublished:May 7, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217818994

ISBN - 13:9780217818995

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Dante's Divina Commedia Volume 3; Paradiso: Paradiso

Reviews