Kobo ebook | September 17, 2016

Pricing and Purchase Info

$7.25

Prices and offers may vary in store

Available for download

Not available in stores

about

*** THIS IS A RERELEASE OF A PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED BOOK ***

Kat’s boss wants dirt on the NSO. She is sent to Homeland undercover but everything goes wrong as soon as she enters the front gates. She is arrested by a big, powerful, sexy New Species but she is not frightened. He turns her on and things heat up fast between them. Now, she just hopes he doesn’t break her heart.

Darkness admires Kat’s courage but he cannot trust anything she says. He hasn’t been with a female for years because he knows he is too damaged. He is not mate material, despite his desire to possess her in every way. Darkness fears losing control—the one thing that defines his life. He doesn’t think he can tear down the protective walls he’s built, even for her.

Inside Scoop: Kat never realized how much fun handcuffs and dominant males could be until she discovered her kinky side through Darkness’ need for control.

Title:Darkness: New Species, #12Format:Kobo ebookPublished:September 17, 2016Publisher:Laurann DohnerLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:1944526609

ISBN - 13:9781944526603

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Amazing! I enjoyed this book a great deal. I really grew to appreciate Darkness in True and was really looking forward to this. I can't resisted a gorgeous man who is hurting inside. I just want to fix them, or at least witness another woman fix them. During Darkness' own story, I saw how complicated he was inside. As much as he may have continued to deny it, he was in pain. He had so much guilt over the deaths of his brothers that he didn't deserve. It was all Mercile's fault. No one fought against having a mate as much as he did. Poor Kat went through so much for him. He pushed her away so many times. I would not have blamed her for giving up on him. But she always took him back. He needed her so much and she was always there to tell him he was not to blame. I love this series so much that it really wouldn't even have mattered whether or not I cared about the title character. I enjoyed all the characters. I loved seeing Sunshine, and Fury, and Justice, and Salvation! The NS are such an amazing family and I feel like they are all my family now too. They are such amazing people and I can't wait for Smiley. I am so glad that it is coming out so soon after Darkness and there wont be a long wait for me. Whenever I read NS I just don't want to stop!
Date published: 2018-01-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from "Darkness" by Laurann Dohner. Book 12 in the New Species series. Awww! I love Darkness! Such an excellent story! Darkness's story is so heartbreaking that you can't help but feel for the guy. Darkness's past is really quite sad and very different from the other New Species. He's been trained by humans to preform interrogations. Any and all tactics. Pain, fear and sexual torture are what Darkness knows. Since he's been free and living at Homeland with other New Species, he's had to use his "talents" to get information. Now he needs information from Kat, a human asked to come to Homeland and teach New Species about crime scene investigating. Kat is way more than just a teacher and Darkness must find out what she's really here for. But he doesn't want to hurt her and he's not sure he can control himself around her. Kat is undercover, working for the FBI, to infiltrate the New Species compound. Her identity is set, she's going to be teaching New Species about crime investigations. But her real job is to find a human her boss wants found. But something is not right. Why is this Boris guy so important? And why does her boss want him so badly? She knows this job is "not official" so she's treating it like a vacation. A chance to get to know New Species. The last thing she expects is for her cover to be blown and she's being interrogated by a New Species named Darkness. Such a great story line! Darkness and Kat are so sexy together! Their emotional journey is filled with ups and downs and misunderstandings. Very powerful. I just loved it. I can't wait to read the next one!! So many other characters are in the background of all of these New Species books and I hope Ms. Dohner has a story for each of them. I will definitely be reading them.
Date published: 2017-01-17