The definitive survey of diagnostic dermatopathology—now extensively revised with expanded full-color art
Includes Online Image Bank containing all the images in the book
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This is an excellent textbook of dermatopathology in a highly competitive field."--Doody's Review Service
For virtually every kind of skin lesion, this skill-sharpening resource has everything you need to successfully perform differential diagnosis at the microscopic level. Dermatopathology features a systematic, algorithmic approach that cuts through the complexity of the discipline’s traditional disease-oriented focus, providing a ready-to-use diagnostic tool that puts the entire world of dermatopathology into perspective.
Filled with hundreds of color photomicrographs, the book features a clear five-part organization and 37 detailed chapters—each reflecting the scientifically rigorous, up-to-date insights of authors who are acknowledged experts in the field. The book’s vast scope encompasses all skin disease processes—inflammatory, non-inflammatory, infections, and proliferations (harmatomas, hyperplasias, and neoplasms, plus disorders of nails and oral mucosa). Features
- NEW! Full chapters on laboratory methods, stains, and updated immunohistochemistry facilitate identification, interpretation, and subsequent accurate diagnosis
- NEW! Revised chapters provide important new information on inflammatory conditions, infections, and melanocytic, vascular, lymphoid, and other neoplastic conditions
- NEW! Updated and added material on special staining and immunohistochemistry, including monoclonal antibodies and fluorescence
- Numerous easy-access tables, bulleted lists, and charts in each chapter
- NEW! Includes an online image bank featuring all images present in the book at www.dermatopathologybook.com