The most complete and authoritative cocktail encyclopedia ever published.
Simon Difford has earned a huge and loyal international following in professional bartending circles, and discerning drinkers, amateur mixologists and professional bartenders will find this new edition of his cocktail guide to be an indispensable reference.
Practical and inspiring, this book contains 2600 recipes from the traditional to the new and inventive. Each easy-to-follow recipe has a color photograph of the assembled drink in its assigned glass, ingredient measures, directions, garnish, variations, plus fascinating information on the cocktail's origin. Difford even grades each drink from (rarely) "disgusting" to "delicious."
The book includes:
- An A to Z recipe directory
- Detailed instructions for beginners, including all the basic skills
- Recommendations for the best equipment
- A directory of glass types
- The 14 key alcoholic ingredients, which make a minimum of 450 cocktails
- The 9 essential juices and mixers
- The 18 essential refrigerator and cupboard staples
- An index of ingredients and the cocktails they are used in
- The top 100 great cocktail bars of the world.