The programmer’s quick-start guide to iOS app development using iOS SDK 6, Cocoa Touch®, Xcode® 4.5 and the latest Objective-C® version and idioms!
Dive into iOS 6 programming with this brief introduction for new iOS developers! This five-chapter e-book gets you started developing great iPhone and iPad apps quickly and publishing them on Apple’s App Store. It’s ideal for people familiar with object-oriented programming in Java, C++, C# or Objective-C (an Objective-C background is not required). The three programming chapters include a simple visual programming app and two code-based apps presented using the Deitels’ signature app-driven approach—each technology is discussed in the context of a fully developed iOS app, complete with syntax coloring, code walkthroughs and sample outputs.
Topics covered in this e-book include:
iOS® App Development
• iOS 6, Xcode 4.5, Interface Builder, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch®, iOS Simulator
• Storyboarding, Segues, Auto Layout, Accessibility, Internationalization
• Application Templates, Universal Apps
• Social Framework, iCloud Key-Value Storage, Automatic Reference Counting (ARC), Collections, iOS Defaults System
• GUI, Views, View Controllers, Outlets, Actions, Event Handling
Fully Developed Apps
• Welcome, Tip Calculator, Favorite Twitter® Searches
App Business Issues
• iOS Developer Program, App Store, Submitting Apps, iTunes Connect
• What Makes a Great App
• Monetization, Pricing (Free vs. Fee), In-App Purchase, , Selling Virtual Goods
• Marketing, iAd Network, Advertising