Don Orsino Volume 1

Paperback | October 12, 2012

byFrancis Marion Crawford

not yet rated|write a review
This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1891 edition. Excerpt: ...ask you to forgive me--can I do more?" She spoke so earnestly that Orsino was surprised and almost touched. Her manner now was even less comprehensible than her repeated refusals to see him had been. "You have done far too much already," he said gravely. "It is mine to ask your forgiveness for much that I have done and said. I only wish that I understood you better." "I am glad you do not," replied Maria Consuelo, with a sigh which this time was not to be mistaken. "There is a sadness which it is better not to understand," she added softly. "Unless one can help to drive it away." He, too, spoke gently, his voice being attracted to the pitch and tone of hers. "You cannot do that--and if you could, you would not." "Who can tell?" The charm which he had formerly felt so keenly in her presence bit which he had of late so completely forgotten, was beginning to return and he submitted to it with a sense of satisfaction which he had not anticipated. Though the twilight was coming on, his eyes had become accustomed to the dimness in the room and he saw every change in her pale, expressive face. She leaned back in her chair with eyes half closed. "I like to think that you would, if you knew how," she said presently. "Do you not know that I would?" She glanced quickly at him, and then, instead of answering, rose from her seat and called to her maid through one of the doors, telling her to bring the lamp. She sat down again, but being conscious that they were liable to interruption, neither of the two spoke. Maria Consuelo's fingers played with the silver knife, drawing it out of the book in which it lay and pushing it back again. At last she took it up and looked closely at the jewelled monogram on the handle. The maid entered, set the shaded lamp...

Pricing and Purchase Info

$32.95

Out of stock online

From the Publisher

This historic book may have numerous typos and missing text. Purchasers can usually download a free scanned copy of the original book (without typos) from the publisher. Not indexed. Not illustrated. 1891 edition. Excerpt: ...ask you to forgive me--can I do more?" She spoke so earnestly that Orsino was surprised and almost touched. Her...

Format:PaperbackDimensions:144 pages, 9.69 × 7.44 × 0.31 inPublished:October 12, 2012Publisher:General Books LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0217828191

ISBN - 13:9780217828192

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Don Orsino Volume 1

Reviews