• This VIZBIG edition of Dragon Ball contains volumes 4-6, bonus color content, and updated text.
• Dragon Ball is the best-selling manga series in Japan.
• The Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z series combined have sold through more than one million graphic novels in the U.S. to date (BookScan).
• Over 11.7 million Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z videos & DVDs have sold through in the U.S. to date (VideoScan).
• Every volume of the Dragon Ball series is still selling to this day. There are 42 volumes total and they debuted in the U.S. in 2000!
• Toriyama has a strong fan base in the U.S.
• Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z have also spawned numerous video games, which consistently rank in the top ten in national sales.
• A live action Dragon Ball Z movie is currently in production to be released theatrically in Summer 2008.
A seminal series from a legendary creator. Dragon Ball, a wry update on the Chinese "Monkey King" myth, introduces us to Son Goku, a young monkey-tailed boy whose quiet life is turned upside-down when he meets Bulma, a girl determined to collect the seven "Dragon Balls." If she gathers them all, an incredibly powerful dragon will appear and grant her one wish. But the precious orbs are scattered all over the world, and to get them she needs the help of a certain super-strong boy...
Goku has made it to the Tenka'ichi Budôkai, the world's #1 martial arts tournament...but even the training of the martial arts master Kame-Sen'nin hasn't prepared him for this! Only seven finalists remain. Will the champion be Goku? His fellow student Kuririn? Yamcha, master of the "Fist of the Wolf Fang"? Fighting woman Ran Fuan? Giran, a rubbery monster who's part dinosaur? Namu, an Indian mystic? Or Jackie Chun, the mysterious old man who may be the toughest fighter of all? There can be only one winner in the wildest, craziest battle ever!