Draw The Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge

Paperback | December 9, 2012

byMark Batterson

not yet rated|write a review

Do you pray as often and as boldly as you want to? There is a way to experience a deeper, more passionate, persistent, and intimate prayer life.

Drawing from forty days of true stories, Mark Batterson applies the principles of his New York Times bestselling book The Circle Maker to teach us a new way to pray. As thousands of readers quickly became many tens of thousands, true stories of miraculous and inspiring answers to prayer began to pour in, and as those stories were shared, others were bolstered in their faith to pray with even more boldness.

In Draw the Circle, through forty true, faith-building stories of God's answers to prayer, daily scriptures and prayer prompts, Batterson inspires you to pray and keep praying like never before. Begin a lifetime of watching God work.  Believe in the God who can do all things. Experience the power of bold prayer and even bolder faith in Draw the Circle.

Pricing and Purchase Info

$15.32 online
$21.00 list price (save 27%)
In stock online
Ships free on orders over $25

From the Publisher

Do you pray as often and as boldly as you want to? There is a way to experience a deeper, more passionate, persistent, and intimate prayer life. Drawing from forty days of true stories, Mark Batterson applies the principles of his New York Times bestselling book The Circle Maker to teach us a new way to pray. As thousands of readers qu...

Mark Batterson serves as the lead pastor of National Community Church in Washington, D.C. Recognized as "one of America's 25 most innovative churches," NCC is one church with seven locations. Mark's blog (www.markbatterson.com) and webcast (www.theaterchurch.com) also reach a virtual congregation around the world. Mark is the author of...

other books by Mark Batterson

Chase The Lion: If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It's Too Small
Chase The Lion: If Your Dream Doesn't Scare You, It's T...

Hardcover|Sep 6 2016

$23.03 online$25.99list price(save 11%)
In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day: How To Survive And Thrive When Opportunity Roars
In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day: How To Survive And...

Paperback|Oct 16 2006

$16.35 online$17.99list price
Praying Circles around Your Children
Praying Circles around Your Children

Paperback|Jul 28 2012

$3.99

see all books by Mark Batterson
Format:PaperbackDimensions:240 pages, 6.88 × 5 × 0.63 inPublished:December 9, 2012Publisher:ZondervanLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0310327121

ISBN - 13:9780310327127

Customer Reviews of Draw The Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge

Reviews

Rated 5 out of 5 by from Be prepared to be changed In the last month and a half I have read four books by Mark Batterson, and I have read each of the books twice. That speaks to the power of these books. But to be honest, this one might be the most powerful one yet and most likely to change your life and maybe even help to change the world. It all started when a friend recommended reading Praying Circles Around Your Children which was being offered for free in ebook format at the time. I started reading and only really stopped to pray for my kids. Then I got an advanced readers copy of The Circle Maker Student Edition: dream big, pray hard, think long and again I was blown away. Then I read this and the original The Circle Maker at the same time. I was flipping back and forth. Now I know this book is designed to be read over 40 days and used as a tool to spark praying and thinking differently, but I could not put it down. I am now half way through a second time, only reading a day at a time as it was designed. This book is amazing; it will change your relationship with God, challenge your prayer habits and help shape new patterns for both prayer and devotional time. In the Introduction Mark states "If you want God to do something new in you, you cannot keep doing the same old thing. You have to do something different. And if you do, God will create new capacities within you. There will be new gifts and new revelations. But you've got to pray the price. You'll get out of this what you put into it." Then on day 26 he states: "If you want God to do something new in your life, you cannot keep doing the same old thing. My advice is simple: do something different. And you'll see what a difference it makes!" And again on day 28 "If you want God to do something new, you cannot keep doing the same old thing." This book will help break you from the habit of same old same old. The Psalmist in Psalm 51:12 declares: "Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." This book will rekindle your prayer life! Give it a try - you have nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. "In a moment of revelation, the circle maker realized that praying is planting. Each prayer is like a seed that gets planted in the ground. It disappears for a season, but it eventually bears fruit that blesses future generations. In fact, our prayers bear fruit forever." So pick up this book and pray through the forty days. Plant new seeds and keep pray hard and thinking long!
Date published: 2013-04-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by from More of a Devotional then a Challenge I have already read some of the 'Circle' books by Mark Batterson and enjoyed them because they issued challenges to the reader. When I saw this book, I was of the assumption that it would be another 'challenge issuing' book. It was not. It was formatted more in the style of a devotional. I enjoy Mark Batterson's books for the most part though I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I appreciated reading the excerpts from Mr. Batterson's other book (one of them), The Circle Maker as it served as a refresher for material of his that I had already read. Although more of a devotional than an actual challenge, I enjoyed reading this book. The chapters were very short and readable. I could relate to almost everything written on the pages and didn't feel lost and/or confused as I sometimes will when dealing with scripture. I cheated in a way because I did not take 40 days to read one chapter per day. I rate this book as fairly high in terms of a thinking style of book and would recommend it for people who may not have the time to read long chapters of books during their busy days. These short chapters fit easily in to the daily schedule and are not at all overwhelming. If you enjoy a good Devotional, this would be a good book for you. If you are, however, looking for more of a challenge, then this book might not be for you. Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com http://BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Date published: 2013-03-13