Drosophila melanogaster: Practical Uses in Cell and Molecular Biologyis a compendium of mostly short technical chapters designed to provide state-of-the art methods to the broad community of cell biologists, and to put molecular and cell biological studies of flies into perspective. The book makes the baroque aspects of genetic nomenclature and procedure accessible to cell biologists. It also contains a wealth of technical information for beginning or advanced Drosophila workers. Chapters, written within a year of publication, make this topical volume a valuable laboratory guide today and an excellent general reference for the future.
* Collection of ready-to-use, state-of-the art methods for modern cell biological and related research usingDrosophila melanogaster
* Accessible to both experienced Drosophila researchers and to others who wish to join in at the cutting edge of this system
* Drosophila offers an easily managed life cycle, inexpensive lifestyle, extraordinarily manipulable molecular and classical genetics, now combined with powerful new cell biology techniques
* Introduction and overview sections orient the user to the Drosophila literature and lore
* Six full-color plates and over 100 figures and tables enhance the understanding of these cell biology techniques