$18.21 online 
$19.95 list price save 8%
Earn 91 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Available in stores

about

A society hostess invites her husband’s mistress to dinner. A country girl savours the delights of city life. A student faces the dilemma of unmarried pregnancy. A drink-ridden photographer tries to relaunch a shattered career.

Dublin 4 has all of Maeve Binchy’s intimate grasp of human feelings, her marvellous ear for dialogue and her subtle sense of life’s confusion. The stories bubble with fun and wit — yet sometimes leave a taste of sadness.
Her warmth, compassion, and uncanny insight have earned Maeve Binchy loyal fans all over the world. Tara Road is the poignant story of a woman who reinvents her life and finds herself — it's Binchy at her haunting, compelling best.
Title:Dublin 4Format:PaperbackDimensions:208 pages, 7.8 × 5.09 × 0.63 inPublished:June 6, 2006Publisher:Random House UKLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0099498588

ISBN - 13:9780099498582

Look for similar items by category:

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Good stories I know it's a bit cliched, but I love Binchy's writing for some comforting, soulful writing that's easy to get lost in. Her characters are sympathetic and well-drawn, and I always feel like I've really gotten to know them. Recommend.
Date published: 2017-05-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Sweet stories MB's knack for people is just uncanny. She can write so well, it make it seem like these things really happened. You get the feeling you are being given the scoop by a knowing aunt or cousin. Read this sweet little book.
Date published: 2006-08-07

Editorial Reviews

“Maeve Binchy has a gimlet eye for the seething cauldron of emotions which lies beneath the surface of everyday life.” — Irish Independent