From Tom Rath, author of StrengthsFinder 2.0 (2012?s best-selling nonfiction book worldwide), comes a powerful book about what people can do to lead healthier lives. Eat Move Sleep features Tom?s deeply personal story, supported by practical, credible, and timeless ideas from more than a decade of research.
Once in a while, a book comes along that changes how you think, feel, and act every day.
In Eat Move Sleep, #1 New York Times bestselling author Tom Rath delivers a book that will improve your health for years to come. While Tom's bestsellers on strengths and well-being have already inspired more than 5 million people in the last decade, Eat Move Sleep reveals his greatest passion and expertise.
Quietly managing a serious illness for more than 20 years, Tom has assembled a wide range of information on the impact of eating, moving, and sleeping. Written in his classic conversational style, Eat Move Sleep features the most proven and practical ideas from his research. This remarkably quick read offers advice that is comprehensive yet simple and often counterintuitive but always credible.
Eat Move Sleep will help you make good decisions automatic - in all three of these interconnected areas. With every bite you take, you will make better choices. You will move a lot more than you do today. And you will sleep better than you have in years.
More than a book, Eat Move Sleep is a new way to live.
A passionate and practical guide to how to live better and longer. Eat Move Sleep will change your life. It might also save it."
- SIR KEN ROBINSON , bestselling author of The Element
"One of the most successful nonfiction writers of his generation, Tom Rath has produced a blockbuster book that offers readers deep insights alongside specific actions. Eat Move Sleep is a transformative work."
- DANIEL H. PINK , bestselling author of Drive and To Sell Is Human
"Rath's new book invaluably delivers."
- BRIAN WANSINK, Ph.D. , author of Mindless Eating
"Tom Rath lays out ways of changing our eating, exercise, and sleeping habits that are easy to do at our own pace. Eat Move Sleep will be a big help to me and my patients."
- GORDY KLATT, M.D. , founder of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life
"Tom Rath's next project [ Eat Move Sleep ] may be his most important yet... Fortune 500 leaders look to him as one of the greatest thinkers of his generation."
- WASHINGTONIAN magazine
"Tom Rath has developed multiple creative strategies for a lifestyle of enduring health."
- CALDWELL B. ESSELSTYN, JR., M.D. , author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
"A wonderful book you can't stop reading. Your health I.Q. will never be the same."
- PATRICK LENCIONI , bestselling author of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
"A road map for leading a long and meaningful life. Every human being should have this book right next to the Bible on their nightstand."
- VAL J. HALAMANDARIS , President, National Association for Homecare and Hospice
"Tom Rath knows this topic inside out and is sharing his best research-driven tips and proven ideas in a relaxed, relatable, and easy-to-digest format."
- KEN BLANCHARD, Ph.D. , coauthor of The One Minute Manager
"Tom Rath has successfully written the operating code for human health. Reading Eat Move Sleep should be as mandatory as health insurance."
- SHAWN ACHOR , bestselling author of The Happiness Advantage and Before Happiness
" Eat Move Sleep never lets the reader off the hook. All 76 million of us Baby Boomers should take heed."
- MERYL COMER , President, Geoffrey Beene Foundation, Alzheimer's Initiative
"Backed by science and filled with heart, Eat Move Sleep is the best self-improvement book I've ever read."
- ORI BRAFMAN , bestselling author of Sway and The Starfish and the Spider
" Eat Move Sleep is simply a must-read. As a physician, I cannot begin to explain how vital this book is for improving human health and well-being."
- JASON POWERS, M.D. , Chief Medical Officer, Right Step
"Breakthrough insights about your ultimate strength: your health. I learned surprising health secrets from Tom's life long research..read Eat Move Sleep, you will be stronger and live longer."
- GREG LINK , co-founder FranklinCovey and co-author of Smart Trust
"Being healthy begins by reading this life-changing book."
- ANITA BRUZZESE , author and USA Today columnist