Eclair Goes Geocaching: Eclair, #3 by M. WeidenbennerEclair Goes Geocaching: Eclair, #3 by M. Weidenbenner

Eclair Goes Geocaching: Eclair, #3

byM. Weidenbenner, Michelle WeidenbennerIllustratorMelody DuVal

Paperback | November 5, 2015

Pricing and Purchase Info

$1.35

Earn 7 plum® points
Quantity:

In stock online

Ships free on orders over $25

Not available in stores

about

AWARD WINNING and BESTSELLING Author

When seven-year-old Éclair goes geocaching for the first time, she finds a treasure that isn’t the one she imagined.

Young readers will discover what geocaching is all about through Éclair's journey with her eccentric grandma.

Here’s what readers are saying:

“This heartwarming, educational story will show children that even though things don't always turn out as we expect them to, sometimes they're even better than we could ever have imagined.” Mel Finefrock, Patchwork Poetry.

“I loved it. The grandma was modern and fun! I liked how Éclair was curious and tender-hearted! Their relationship is touching and realistic!” Cindy Nash, Kindergarten Teacher

"I love how adventurous Éclair and Stella are! I love geocaching and it was super fun to read about the awesome treasure hunt Stella took Éclair on." Olivia Rattie, 8 years old

“Éclair had so much fun geocaching that I would love to do that too. I can’t wait to read about her next adventure.”  Katrena Strother, 8 years old

“Bored? Need something more exciting? Do what Éclair and Stella did. Try geocaching.” The Simon Mates, avid geocachers

Title:Eclair Goes Geocaching: Eclair, #3Format:PaperbackDimensions:64 pages, 8.5 × 5.5 × 0.15 inPublished:November 5, 2015Publisher:Random Publishing, LLCLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0986336246

ISBN - 13:9780986336249

Reviews

Rated 4 out of 5 by from Learn about Geocaching with Eclair The kids love to explore the world around them. We spent the summer exploring the island doing a series of geocaches that promised a geocoin at the very end. After a few failed attempts we eventually succeeded in finding 15 of the 20 caches that we needed. The coin is now sitting in a special place at home, waiting for us to go on our next adventure in the spring! “Eclair Goes Geocaching” by M. Weidenbenner is the story of Eclair and her Grandmother as they go on an adventure to find a treasure that is hidden in the woods. When the treasure is found, it isn’t what Eclair expected…What did she find? Explore the world of geocaching with Eclair and her grandmother. Your child will learn about caches, GPS co-ordinates and muggles. The story is perfectly written for young readers. It has just the “right amount of adventure”, according to my daughter. We read a chapter a night, and I found myself wanting to find out what was going to happen next…especially when they found the cache. My daughter was not impressed when I made her wait til the next day to read next chapter. This story is a wonderful lesson on expectations. It’s a great time to talk to your child about things to do when expectations aren’t meant. How do we react? Do we cry out with frustration? Do we step back for a moment to regroup? What are realistic expectations? “Eclair Goes Geocaching” is also a lesson in homonyms. It’s a great opportunity to talk to your kids about words that sound alike but have different meanings. Words like ‘Cache’ and ‘Cash’. How many other cases can you and your child come up with? My daughter felt that “Eclair Goes Geocaching” needed more pictures. She is just a beginning reader, and is more accustomed to picture books. We have read other novels in the past that she enjoyed but they had a few pencil drawn images throughout the chapters. I tried to explain to her that as she gets older and becomes a stronger reader the books will have less and less images, she wasn’t having any of that for now. I thought that the images at the beginning of each chapter were sufficient. “Eclair Goes Geocaching” is a wonderful adventure story for young readers that will inspire your little one to go on her own geocache adventure. *Disclosure: I received a complimentary eBook in exchange for my review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Date published: 2015-11-30