Electricity and Magnetism, Volumes 1 and 2

Paperback | May 12, 2013

byB. I. Bleaney, B. Bleaney

not yet rated|write a review
This reissue of two classic volumes provides the reader with a comprehensive account at first degree or introductory graduate level of the principles and experimental aspects of electricity and magnetism, together with an elementary account of the underlying atomic theory. The first volume contains what is needed for a first course in electromagnetism, including electrostatics, electric circuits, magnetism, electromagnetic induction, and electromagnetic waves. The second volume covers the electrical and magnetic properties of matter and electronics, including dielectrics, conduction in metals, magnetic materials, semiconductors, superconductors, electronic devices and circuits, and magnetic resonance. SI units are used throughout and there are problems at the end of each chapter.

Pricing and Purchase Info

$104.95

Ships within 1-3 weeks
Ships free on orders over $25

From the Publisher

This reissue of two classic volumes provides the reader with a comprehensive account at first degree or introductory graduate level of the principles and experimental aspects of electricity and magnetism, together with an elementary account of the underlying atomic theory. The first volume contains what is needed for a first course in ...

B.I. Bleaney was a former Fellow of St Hugh's College, University of Oxford. B. Bleaney was formerly Dr Lee's Professor Emeritus of Experimental Philosophy at the University of Oxford.

other books by B. I. Bleaney

A Guide to Modern Economics
A Guide to Modern Economics

Kobo ebook|Jul 4 1996

$116.73

see all books by B. I. Bleaney
Format:PaperbackDimensions:1096 pagesPublished:May 12, 2013Publisher:Oxford University PressLanguage:English

The following ISBNs are associated with this title:

ISBN - 10:0199651930

ISBN - 13:9780199651931

Look for similar items by category:

Customer Reviews of Electricity and Magnetism, Volumes 1 and 2

Reviews

Extra Content

Table of Contents

Bleaney and Bleaney: Electricity and Magnetism, Volume 1Bleaney and Bleaney: Electricity and Magnetism, Volume 2

Editorial Reviews

"Since its first appearance (as a single volume) in 1957, this book has served generations of British undergraduate physics students as the ultimate authoritative reference on the physics of electricity and magnetism." --John A. Shaw, Division of Physical Sciences, Hatfield Polytechnic