This book provides design methods for Digital Signal Processors and Application Specific Instruction set Processors, based on the author's extensive, industrial design experience. Top-down and bottom-up design methodologies are presented, providing valuable guidance for both students and practicing design engineers.
Coverage includes design of internal-external data types, application specific instruction sets, micro architectures, including designs for datapath and control path, as well as memory sub systems. Integration and verification of a DSP-ASIP processor are discussed and reinforced with extensive examples.
FOR INSTRUCTORS: To obtain access to the solutions manual for this title simply register on our textbook website (textbooks.elsevier.com)and request access to the Computer Science or Electronics and Electrical Engineering subject area. Once approved (usually within one business day) you will be able to access all of the instructor-only materials through the ";Instructor Manual"; link on this book's full web page.
* Instruction set design for application specific processors based on fast application profiling
* Micro architecture design methodology
* Micro architecture design details based on real examples
* Extendable architecture design protocols
* Design for efficient memory sub systems (minimizing on chip memory and cost)
* Real example designs based on extensive, industrial experiences