Author and pastor Pete Scazzero awaken participants to a biblical integration of emotional health and the classic practices of contemplative spirituality, leading to a relational revolution with Jesus.
It’s a simple truth, but one that trips up believers everywhere: You can’t be healthy spiritually if you’re unhealthy emotionally. In this six-session, small-group Bible study, author and pastor Pete Scazzero takes a close look at what it means to break free from bondage to the past and experience true emotional healing.
Many sincere followers of Christ—followers who are truly passionate for God, members of a church, servant-hearted, and considered ""mature""—remain stuck at a level of spiritual immaturity, especially when faced with interpersonal conflicts and crises. The Emotionally Healthy Spirituality video study and all-church campaign kit provide a strategy for discipleship that addresses this void, integrating emotional health and contemplative spirituality to help people grow into a faith filled with authenticity and a profound love for God.
The eight sessions include:
- The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality
- Know Yourself that You May Know God
- Going Back in Order to Go Forward
- Journey through the Wall
- Enlarge Your Soul through Grief and Loss
- Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath
- Grow into an Emotionally Healthy Adult
- Go to the Next Step to Develop a “Rule of Life”