Author and pastor Pete Scazzero awaken participants to a biblical integration of emotional health and the classic practices of contemplative spirituality, leading to a relational revolution with Jesus.
It's a simple truth, but one that trips up believers everywhere: You can't be healthy spiritually if you're unhealthy emotionally. In this six-session, small-group Bible study, author and pastor Pete Scazzero takes a close look at what it means to break free from bondage to the past and experience true emotional healing.
Many sincere followers of Christ-followers who are truly passionate for God, members of a church, servant-hearted, and considered "mature"-remain stuck at a level of spiritual immaturity, especially when faced with interpersonal conflicts and crises. The Emotionally Healthy Spirituality video study and companion study guide provide a strategy for discipleship that addresses this void, integrating emotional health and contemplative spirituality to help people grow into a faith filled with authenticity and a profound love for God.?
The eight sessions include:
- The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality
- Know Yourself that You May Know God
- Going Back in Order to Go Forward
- Journey through the Wall
- Enlarge Your Soul through Grief and Loss
- Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath
- Grow into an Emotionally Healthy Adult
- Go to the Next Step to Develop a "Rule of Life"