Your life's journey shouldn't be a guilt trip
Do you feel responsible for everyone around you? Do you value the feelings of others more than your own? Do you have unrealistic expectations of yourself? Then you may be trapped by toxic guilt.
Trying to win the approval of others--whether they are your parents, spouse, colleagues, friends, children, or church--while being trapped by toxic guilt can strain your relationships, drain your energy, and dominate your life. The five easy-to-follow steps in Escaping Toxic Guilt can liberate you from these self-defeating patterns and put you on the path to living life fully, joyfully, and on your own terms.
By following this simple, effective plan, you will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between good guilt and toxic guilt
- Build boundaries around your time and emotions
- Weather the storm of people's disapproval
- Find freedom through forgiveness and relinquishing control
- Protect your sense of self while still caring for others