From basic physics principles to the actual process of producing diagnostic-quality x-rays,Essentials of Radiographic Physics and Imagingeffectively guides you through the physics and imaging information you need to excel on your ARRT exam and as a professional radiographer. The text's clear language and logical organization help you easily master physics principles as they apply to imaging, plus radiation production and characteristics, imaging equipment, film screen image acquisition and processing, digital image acquisition and display, basics of computed tomography, image analysis, and more.Theory to Practicediscussions help you link these principles to real-world applications and practice.
- An emphasis on practical informationprovides just what you need to know to pass the ARRT exam and to be a competent practitioner.
- Integrated coverage of digital radiographydescribes how to acquire, process, and display digital images, and explains the advantages and limitations of digital vs. conventional imaging processes.
- Theory to Practicesuccinctly explains the application of the concept being discussed and helps you understand how to use the information in clinical practice.
- Make the Connectionlinks physics and imaging concepts to help you fully appreciate the importance of both subjects.
- Math applicationsdemonstrate how mathematical concepts and formulas are applied in the clinical setting.
- Critical Conceptsfurther explain and emphasize key points in the chapters.
- Learning featureshighlight important information with an outline, key terms, and objectives at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter summary at the end.
- A glossary of key termsprovides a handy reference.