Now in two-colour throughout, the fourth edition of Eukaryotic Transcription Factors has been completely rewritten and restructured to take into account the tremendous advances in our understanding of transcription factors and the mechanisms by which they act. Considerable emphasis has been given to the interaction between transcription factors and chromatin structure. Also included is an entirely new section on the mediator complex and expansion of the space devoted to co-activators and co-repressors.
This book is essential reading for all those who wish to understand the impact of molecular biology on medicine, whatever their speciality.
* Major families of eukaryotic transcription factors described
* Mechanisms of gene activation and repression analysed
* Structure-function relationships indicated
* Interaction between transcription factors and chromatin structure described
* Roles in inducible and cell type-specific gene expression
* Roles in development, differentiation and human diseases including cancer
* Methods of study in vitro and in vivo