The Comprehensive, Up-to-Date Apache Hadoop Administration Handbook and Reference
In Expert Hadoop® Administration, leading Hadoop administrator Sam R. Alapati brings together authoritative knowledge for creating, configuring, securing, managing, and optimizing production Hadoop clusters in any environment. Drawing on his experience with large-scale Hadoop administration, Alapati integrates action-oriented advice with carefully researched explanations of both problems and solutions. He covers an unmatched range of topics and offers an unparalleled collection of realistic examples.
Alapati demystifies complex Hadoop environments, helping you understand exactly what happens behind the scenes when you administer your cluster. You’ll gain unprecedented insight as you walk through building clusters from scratch and configuring high availability, performance, security, encryption, and other key attributes. The high-value administration skills you learn here will be indispensable no matter what Hadoop distribution you use or what Hadoop applications you run.
- Understanding Hadoop’s architecture from an administrator’s standpoint
- Creating simple and fully distributed clusters
- Running MapReduce and Spark applications in a Hadoop cluster
- Managing and protecting Hadoop data and high availability
- Working with HDFS commands, file permissions, and storage management
- Moving data, and using YARN to allocate resources and schedule jobs
- Managing job workflows with Oozie and Hue
- Securing, monitoring, logging, and optimizing Hadoop
- Benchmarking, optimizing, and troubleshooting Hadoop